Copyright 1999 - 2023 Terra Universal. Inc. All rights reserved.
Vapor-proof LED light fixture is sealed behind ¼”-thick safety glass to eliminate spark potential Open-bottom design allows for placement on any work surface or on a Labconco base stand Fiberglass-composite interior for chemical-resistance and low flame spread (less than 25 per ASTM E84) Sash stop allows 18”-high max clearance Controls for lights and blower are ADA-compliant Front and side panels are removable; utilities plumbing accessible from the front Protector XStream accessories can be retrofitted using Labconco kits for service fixtures, duplex outlets, Guardian Airflow Monitors, and Sash Stops Requires connection to an existing exhaust system with external blower (separately available)
Fume Hoods by Labconco
Protector XStream Laboratory Fume Hoods by Labconco
Select Product Options
- Aerodynamic design minimizes the exhaust rate necessary for containment for greater energy efficiency
- Meets and exceeds SEFA 1 standard for high-performance fume hoods
- Upper Dilution Air Supply provides passive airflow behind the sash to remove fumes that accumulate in the upper portion of the hood
- Tapered slot pattern on the Opti-Zone™ Baffle provides increased airflow at work surface level and center of the hood, where most fumes are generated
- Secondary Baffle Plate, hidden behind the Opti-Zone slotted baffle, guides airflow downward for smooth transition into the rear exhaust plenum
- Clean-Sweep™ Sash Handle has small cut-outs that channel additional inward airflow along the edge of the sash, pushing fumes away from the operator’s breathing zone
- Eco-Foil™ Air Foils are curved for operator comfort and improved aerodynamics, lowering energy usage
Features and Benefits
Protector XStream Horizontal Airflow Diagram
The external blower pulls outside air into the fume hood through the sash opening. The aerodynamic foils around the sash maintain horizontal airflow until the air enters the rear baffle, where the air flows downward and then back up to the exhaust vent.
Long-Standing Industry Experience
For 45 years, Terra has served the life science, academic research, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, semiconductor and aerospace markets
Global Customer Base
At Terra, we are committed to providing top-tier equipment to customers throughout the world. Over the past 5 years, clients in over 100 countries have purchased equipment from Terra.
For a full list of accessories, select a product then click Choose Accessories on that product page.
Labconco Spillstopper Work SurfacesThese dished work surfaces are made of corrosion-resistant epoxy resins for durability and a smooth finish. Pass-through holes for venting and plumbing are predrilled into the rear portion of the surface (cut-outs for cup-sinks are optional).
Labconco Standard Base Storage CabinetConstructed with a 304 stainless steel one-piece liner with coved corners, Protector Stainless Steel Radioisotope Hoods have no joints, crevices or cracks. Units effectively contain radiochemicals.
Labconco Acid Storage CabinetAcid storage cabinets are constructed of epoxy-coated steel with a corrosion-resistant, polyethylene interior coating. Each cabinet can support up to 800 lbs. and includes a vacuum-formed PVC tray to contain spillage inside the cabinet.
Labconco Fiberglass BlowerConstructed with a 304 stainless steel one-piece liner with coved corners, Protector Stainless Steel Radioisotope Hoods have no joints, crevices or cracks. Units effectively contain radiochemicals.
Remote BlowerLabconco offers energy-efficient remote blowers with an ECM motor that handle airflow from 250 CFM to 3200 CFM satisfying various exhaust requirements
Other products you may find relevant
Manuals & Resources
Terra Universal Hoods Vol 8 #16
This mini-catalog features Terra's offerings for laminar flow hoods, fume hoods and biological safety cabinets, including options from both Terra and Labconco.