Copyright 1999 - 2022 Terra Universal. Inc. All rights reserved.
2" (51 mm) of polystyrene insulation ensures stable, efficient temperature control over a wide operating range Temperature range with optional control module 1694-75: 41ºF to 120ºF (5°C to 49°C) Temperature range with optional control module 1694-77: 23º to 120ºF (-5°C to 49°C) Includes externally mounted LED illuminator, automatic stainless steel RB valve and two 10" (254 mm)-diameter ports, providing ample space for arm motion inside gloves (order gloves separately) Optional airlock provides a controlled environment for moving samples into and out of the glovebox; reinforced, stainless-steel framed door ensures airlock longevity
Temperature Controlled Glove Boxes,Temperature Controlled Glove Boxes
Temperature Controlled Glove Box Isolators
Select Product Options
- Double-wall, insulated glove box isolators boost thermal efficiency to create stable process temperatures and decrease the cost of heating and cooling cycles
- 304 stainless steel chamber provides a non-contaminating, durable, chemical-resistant enclosure
- Provides stable operating temperatures (order temperature control unit separately)
- Double-glazed polycarbonate viewing windows provide visibility of work-in-progress; tilts up for easy access to equipment and supplies (select partial for full-height window design)
- Terra glove boxes are designed as positive-pressure isolation chambers that operate with a continuous inflow of process gas and include bleed valves to relieve overpressures; unless specified, they are not designed as low-leak or air-tight containment chambers, nor should they be used with hazardous substances that require air-tight seals
Insulated Glove Boxes (Constant Temperature Isolators)
- A Insulated Double-WallDouble-wall, insulated glove box isolator boosts thermal efficiency to create stable process temperatures and decrease the cost of heating and cooling cycles.
- B Powder-Coated Steel Stand with Rolling CastersHeavy-duty powder-coated steel stand with rolling casters for hassle-free mobility.
- D Full View Tilt-Up WindowDouble-glazed polycarbonate viewing windows provide visibility of work-in-progress; tilts up for easy access to equipment and supplies (select partial for full-height window design).
- E Externally-Mounted LightingExternally mounted fluorescent illuminator. Energy-efficient LED lighting is also available for more concentrated lighting.
- 1 Range of Glove ChoicesMany gloves available, including one-piece neoprene (shown).
- 2 Temperature Control SystemConstant-temperature control system provides stable heating and cooling.
- 3 Inert Gas AirlockOptional inert gas airlock provides a controlled environment for moving samples into and out of the glovebox.
- 4 Dual Purge™ and NitroWatch™ Work Together to Fully Automate RH ControlTerra's Dual Purge™ and NitroWatch™ operate in tandem to precisely and automatically control the flow of nitrogen and maintain a preset humidity level (from ambient to 0% ± 1.5% RH), no matter how operating conditions may change.
Not Shown: Automatic stainless steel RB valve
Not Shown: Range of Options - Dew point and oxygen level controls, partial view tilt up window, and port caps
Temperature Controlled Glove Boxes
- Refrigerated Glove Box for Pharmaceutical Research and Development
- Refrigerated Glove Box for Testing Electronics Under Different Atmospheres and Temperatures
- Full-View Tilt-Up Window for Convenient Access
- Configure Accessories to Meet Your Requirements
- Adjustable ULPA Filtration Enhances Personnel and Product Protection
Features and Benefits
Full-View Tilt-Up Window for Convenient Access
Corrosion-resistant stainless steel gas struts on both sides of the tilt-up window use compressed nitrogen to lift and hold open the tilt-up window. A one-piece, thermoplastic gasket around the chamber opening compresses to form a tight seal when the window is closed and latched.
Configure Accessories to Meet Your Requirements
Customize your glove box with add-on systems to meet your application requirements. Popular accessories include refrigeration, ion bars, ULPA filtration, automatic nitrogen gas purge, inert air locks, cord pass-throughs, and more.
External Fluorescent Illuminator
Light fixture mounted outside the glovebox illuminates the interior and is easy to access. The hinged cover lifts up for light bulb maintenance or replacement.
Double-Wall Insulated Chamber Boosts Thermal Efficiency
Constant Temperature Glove Boxes use double-wall stainless steel construction with 2" thick polyurethane insulation for thermal stability (order refrigeration module separately).
High Caliber Hardware
Seemingly small details like latches, ports, glides and hinges are often overlooked or ignored by other manufacturers, and later become the point of costly recurring maintenance or equipment failure. Terra’s products are made of long lasting, cleanroom compatible, top tier hardware. Individual components are carefully designed and rigorously tested to guarantee the highest quality, durability, and craftsmanship.
Integrated Constant Temperature Control Systems
Optional temperature control systems can be integrated to refrigerated glovebox isolators to provide stable heating and cooling cycles. HEPA or ULPA filtration and gas purge systems can also be configured for an inert, low particle environment.
Ergonomic Push-Button Latches Effortlessly Pop Open Tilt-Up Window
Ergonomic push-button latches and gas struts effortlessly pop open and hold up the front window to simplify cleaning and allow transfer of bulky equipment within the spacious interior.
Protein Analysis Isolator
A refrigeration unit and nitrogen purge system facilitate protein analysis of meat samples in an inert gas environment down to -20°C. The 304 stainless steel chamber features double-wall construction with 4" of polyurethane insulation for optimal thermal efficiency. A microscope bellows is included.
Continuous Product Improvement
At Terra, we strive to develop and produce the highest quality products for our customers to improve health, safety, performance, and yields. Our product quality is enabled by high-grade manufacturing equipment and processes, 45 years of engineering and application expertise, and our commitment to continuously improve.
Comprehensive Service Provider
Terra’s portfolio of services includes white glove delivery, product installation, equipment certification, validation documentation, cleaning and disinfection services, engineering consultation, and structural seismic analysis
For a full list of accessories, select a product then click Choose Accessories on that product page.
Adjustable ULPA Filtration Enhances Personnel and Product ProtectionOptional ULPA filtration allows for open- or closed-loop circulation. The versatile system removes airborne particulates and powders inside the chamber to maintain a Class 100 ultra-low particle environment.
Relative Humidity and Temperature Data LoggerSimply plug the USB-502 logger into any USB port on your PC to name the logger, set your start time and date, sample rate, units (ºC or ºF), and hi/lo alarms—then place in controlled atmospher chamber to start logging data.
High Caliber HardwareSeemingly small details like latches, ports, glides and hinges are often overlooked or ignored by other manufacturers, and later become the point of costly recurring maintenance or equipment failure. Terra’s products are made of long lasting, cleanroom compatible, top tier hardware. Individual components are carefully designed and rigorously tested to guarantee the highest quality, durability, and craftsmanship.
Glove Box Iris Port Adapter for 10" PortsThe self-closing, clean silicone Iris Port Adapter attaches to Terra's 10"-diameter glove ports to allow easy access to chamber parts and processes (order port separately).
Glove Box Stand, Powder-Coated SteelPowder-coated steel stands are made of 1.5" (38 mm) square steel tubes to support loads to 400 lbs. (181 kg) and includes nylon leveling feet; positions chamber 30" above floor
Laboratory Nitrogen GeneratorTerra’s Nitrogen Generators provide a continuous, reliable supply of clean, dry nitrogen up to 99% pure to eliminate dependence on bulky canisters to operate desiccators and glove boxes.
Many Air Lock Designs!Air locks, available in many sizes, materials to match glove box chamber, prevent cross-contaminaton during parts transfer (shown: BioSafe® double-wall stainless steel with all-welded seams, optional window).
Neoprene Accordion Sleeve AssembliesNeoprene accordion sleeves with nitrile gloves allow fast glove replacement without removing sleeve; rigid neoprene sleeve resists blow-back (other glove styles available).
Constant-Temperature Control SystemRefrigeration system maintains constant temperature down between 120°C and -5°C, with PLC-based program cycling (shown installed on insulated glove box).
Glove Ports with Detachable Iris Port and CoversUnique glove ports accept wide range of gloves and feature screw-on Iris Port Adapters (shown) and Port Covers for additional system capabilities
Hinged Stainless Steel Glove Port and Port Cover with Rubber GasketsStainless steel glove port covers optimize operations with controlled environment gloveboxes. A rubber lining on the inside helps tightly seal and insulate the glovebox. Optional hinges eliminate hassle of misplacing port covers and streamline workflow.
Stainless Steel Glovebox on Automatic Height Adjusting Table with N2 GeneratorGloveboxes can easily mount to an automatic height adjusting table (28”-43”H). Ideal for workstations with sensitive equipment that undergo frequent height adjustment. A compact Nitrogen generator requires only a compressed air supply for continued nitrogen gas supply.
Bellows Eyepiece InterfaceThis cutout is sealed with a bellow-type diaphragm to allow viewing of a stereo microscope positioned inside any of Terra's stainless steel glove boxes. Standard cutout size is 8"W x 6"H (203 x 152mm). Specify desired location or custom size when ordering.
Dual Purge™ and NitroWatch™ Work Together to Fully Automate RH ControlTerra's Dual Purge™ and NitroWatch™ operate in tandem to precisely and automatically control the flow of nitrogen and maintain a preset humidity level (from ambient to 0% ± 1.5% RH), no matter how operating conditions may change.
Data Logging with 113,000 Readings at User Defined IntervalsTerra's Smart® IsoDry® Nitro-Watch™ logs RH, temp, door open/close, purge on/off, and sensor removal/attachment. The max data file size is roughly 4 MB or 113,000 readings. This is approximately 32 hours of data when logging at 1 second intervals, 2 weeks at 10 second intervals, 6 weeks at 30 second intervals, or 12 weeks at 1 minute intervals. When the system reaches the 4MB limit, data begins to wrap, overwriting oldest data with new.
Plug & Play Data LoggingPlug in a USB flash drive to your Smart® IsoDry® Nitro-Watch™ to transfer data in .CSV format. No software required.
Other products you may find relevant
Manuals & Resources
Terra Universal Gloveboxes vol 3 #19
This mini-catalog features Terra's complete line of gloveboxes, including options for filtered isolation, containment, light-use (economical), temperature-control, nitrogen-purged and negative-pressure (vacuum), as well as customization options.
Tech Resource [pdf]
Chemical Compatibility Charts
A general guide describing the effects of different chemicals on various materials. Included here are metals, plastics and rubber/synthetics.