- Benchtop laminar flow hood provides HEPA filtered Class 100 (ISO 5) mini cleanroom environment
- Bio-tech HEPA enclosure suitable for genomics, cell biology, mushroom cultivation
- Affordable laminar flow clean bench is portable, durable, and chemical resistant
- Chemical resistant polypropylene enclosure resists common acids, solvents, and disinfectants
- Cleanroom-grade system includes HEPA filter (ISO 5/Class 100) or optional ULPA (ISO 4/Class 10)
ValuLine™ WhisperFlow® Portable Laminar Flow Hoods
Select Product Options
• Benchtop laminar flow hood provides HEPA filtered Class 100 (ISO 5) mini cleanroom environment
• Bio-tech HEPA enclosure suitable for genomics, cell biology, mushroom cultivation
• Affordable laminar flow clean bench is portable, durable, and chemical resistant
• Chemical resistant polypropylene enclosure resists common acids, solvents, and disinfectants
• Cleanroom-grade system includes HEPA filter (ISO 5/Class 100) or optional ULPA (ISO 4/Class 10)
• Convert any workspace into a mini cleanroom environment with Terra's ValuLine® benchtop laminar flow hood.
• Polypropylene benchtop laminar flow hood includes an integrated work surface, enclosure cabinet, and HEPA fan filter unit.
• Positive pressure laminar flow hood with chemical resistant enclosure provides ideal conditions for science and laboratory applications including wet chemical use, contamination sensitive cell cultures, mushroom cultivating, and other sterile product or specimen handling.
• A 3-speed switch allows low, medium, and high settings with an average airflow velocity of 90+ feet per minute at 640+ CFM.
• UL-listed Fan Filter Units (FFU's) are manufactured to the highest standards to reduce the risk of damage, injuries, and electrical hazards.
• See performance data and submittal sheets for additional information on fan filter unit.
• Includes High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filter: 99.99% efficient at 0.3µm particle diameter. Optional Ultra-Low Particulate Air (ULPA) Filter: 99.999% efficient at 0.12µm particle diameter.
• Meets or exceeds ISO 5/Class 100 for cGMP, IEST, ASTM and ISO 14644-1 standards. Select optional ULPA filter for ISO 4/Class 10.
• Horizontal flow configuration has FFU elevated above work surface to protect against spills. Horizontal flow provides laminar airflow parallel to work surface, reducing turbulent effects that can occur from vertical airflow striking perpendicular to work surface. It can also be easier to position and stagger sterile equipment and materials on the work surface closer to the filter face (upstream from other potential contaminants).
• Vertical flow configuration fits a smaller footprint, encompassing less work space. It can also be easier to configure for tall equipment or processes requiring more vertical space.
• Operation status indicator (OSI) light glows continuously when filtration unit is plugged in and turned on to confirm unit is operational. The OSI blinks when the unit is plugged in but switched off.
• Cleanroom-grade HEPA filter blower provides positive pressure laminar airflow and sweeps away particulate contamination from the work surface.
• Recessed LED lighting and a hinged access shield allow for high visibility and easy sample introduction.
• Static-dissipative PVC access shield minimizes static cling of particles to improve cleanliness and has increased chemical resistance against cleaning agents.
• Low-noise WhisperFlow® FFU reduces background noise, registers under 50 dBA at 12" (305 mm) from filter face for easy communication and minimal disruption.
• Includes: Hood frame, fan filter unit, LED lighting.
• Optional Accessories:
• ULPA filter removes 99.999% of particles measured at 0.12µm or larger.
• Filter replacement alarm prevents costly operational interruptions and avoids damage to fan blower caused by excessive backpressure from long overdue filter replacement or other abnormalities.
• UV germicidal lamp to inhibit microbial growth in and around hood.
• Ionizing bar for ESD-sensitive applications.
• ErgoHeight automatic height adjusting table, perfect for workstations holding heavy or fragile equipment that require frequent height adjustment.
• NOTE: ValuLine hoods are pre-configured designs that cannot be customized. Please call your Terra sales specialist to discuss appropriate models for custom requirements.
• NOTE: Laminar flow hoods are not appropriate in the presence of biohazards. Only an approved containment system, such as a Class II, Type A2 biosafety cabinet, should be used in applications requiring Biosafety Level (BSL) 2 or 3 containment.
• Marks & Listings: CE, UL, ULC
ValuLine™ WhisperFlow® Benchtop Laminar Flow Hoods
- A Chemical Resistant Polypropylene Work SurfacePolypropylene work surface and side panels resist common acids, solvents and disinfectants.
- B Fan Filter UnitRear-mounted Fan/Filter Unit provides laminar airflow across the work area, towards the operator.
- C LED Light FixtureThe WhisperFlow® line of laminar flow hoods include LED lighting as standard, positioned behind the sash to prevent glare.
- D Tilt-up SashTilt-up sash enhances laminar airflow and prevents air from blowing directly at the operator’s face. Static-dissipative PVC material resists chemicals and eliminates particle attraction from static charges.
- E Status IndicatorStatus indicator light on Whisperflow® hoods glows to show filtration unit is operating, flashes when filter is turned off.
Not Shown: Stand - Two-piece hood stand isolates vibration — ideal for high-precision work (available in many top materials)
Not Shown: Range of Options - Optional equipment includes digital air speed monitor and filter backpressure gauge
ValuLine™ Benchtop Laminar Flow Hoods
Features and Benefits
Recessed LED Lighting Illuminates Work Area
Integrated Status Indicator Light
Long Running FFU Motors
WhisperFlow Quiet Operation Reduces Distracting Background Noise
UV Germicidal LampThe V-Ray germicidal UV lamp is installed within a Terra hood to inhibit microbial growth on the work surface
Ionizing Bar with Installation KitIonizer emits equal quantities of positive and negative ions to neutralize static charges within the work area, system requires no calibration or adjustments.
Vapor-Sealed Fluorescent IlluminatorThis fluorescent light fixture is enclosed in a vapor-sealed, static-dissipative PVC housing to protect the light source from dust, dirt, and vapors. The housing extends the useful life of the light fixture and provides an easy-to-clean surface.
Benchtop Vertical Laminar Flow Hood with Automatic Height Adjusting TableVertical laminar flow hoods provide a HEPA-filtered work area for protection from particle contaminants. Benchtop laminar flow hoods can easily mount to an automatic height adjusting table (28”-43”H). Perfect for workstations with heavy or fragile equipment.