- ISO Rating: ISO 6, ISO 7, ISO 8
Copyright 1999 - 2023 Terra Universal. Inc. All rights reserved.
BioSafe Universal Explosion-Proof Hoods,Explosion-Proof Hoods,Explosion-Proof Hoods
Universal Explosion-Proof Hoods
Select Product Options
- ISO Rating: ISO 6, ISO 7, ISO 8
- Explosion-Proof Laminar Flow Hoods are designed for working in areas where there is a risk of ignition due to flammable fumes or explosive dusts
- All electrical components (fan motor, LED lights, wiring) are rated compliant for Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D and Class II, Division 1, Groups F & G hazardous locations
- This turnkey benchtop solution provides a particle-free work environment on any available work surface
- Available with vertical or horizontal laminar airflow (both designed to protect the workspace inside the hood)
- Proper installation of explosion proof equipment is critical to maintaining the explosion-proof protection aspects of the system. Therefore all wiring for explosion proof systems should be done in the field per local code by a licensed electrician.
- Non-sparking blower motor is mounted in a cast iron, explosion-proof housing
- 99.99% efficient HEPA filter (rated @ 0.3 µm particles) creates ISO 6 cleanliness conditions for contamination sensitive work
- Price includes explosion-proof light, fan/filter unit, and installation of wiring in rigid conduit with potted fittings, as well as modification of Power Distribution Module(s) and Control Panel switches
• Marks & Listings: UL, ULC
BioSafe Universal Explosion-Proof Hoods
- Terra Universal WhisperFlow Laminar Flow Hoods
- Laminar Flow Hood Airflow Fog Test
- Horizontal Laminar Flow Hood Smoke Test
Features and Benefits
Long Running FFU Motors
Terra’s filter fan unit motors are rated for 5 years of continuous, 24/7 operation, if the HEPA filters are consistently replaced. To accurately monitor your HEPA filter’s saturation levels, purchase Terra’s audible and visual filter replacement alarm system.
Explosion-Proof Fan Filter Unit for Hood
UL-listed, NEC Class I, Division 1 Explosion Proof fan/filter unit provides HEPA filtration where solvent vapors, dust and other flammable hazards are present; all conduit and switches also meet explosion-proof requirements.
Explosion Proof 40W LED Light
UL-listed for Class I, Division 1 and 2, Groups C and D areas, this low profile LED light produces 3,600 lumens and operates from 120 to 277VAC, 50/60Hz. The heat-dissipating housing increases the efficiency and lifespan of the LEDs.
Explosion-Proof Power Switches
UL-rated explosion-proof switches are connected to the lights and blowers using specialized conduit with potted fittings. All electrical components are sealed to eliminate potential ignition points.
WhisperFlow Quiet Operation Reduces Distracting Background Noise
Exposure to loud noises can lower the ability to focus on work and listen selectively, which may also lead to safety issues. Typical AC units can be annoyingly loud, measuring in the range of 70 dB (comparable to a vacuum cleaner). Terra’s WhisperFlow design produces far lower noise levels for a quiet environment comparable to a library. At 90 ft/min output, units measure under 50 dB from only 1 ft away (roughly 75% quieter than 70dB).
Highest Standards For Electronic Components
Terra’s electronic components are designed and built to the highest standards required by defense and semiconductor industries for long-term reliability and protection against damage, injuries, and electrical hazards.
Continuous Product Improvement
At Terra, we strive to develop and produce the highest quality products for our customers to improve health, safety, performance, and yields. Our product quality is enabled by high-grade manufacturing equipment and processes, 45 years of engineering and application expertise, and our commitment to continuously improve.
Terra is committed to building long-term relationships with satisfied clients; 94% of orders each year come from repeat customers
Complete Order Transparency
Using Terra’s OnTrak system, our customers can view real-time production updates, receive shipment notifications and track their orders until they arrive at their facility
Terra's QuickBuild Program
Build your system using in-stock components and accessories. We’ll assemble your system, package and ship your order in 6 business days.
For a full list of accessories, select a product then click Choose Accessories on that product page.
Lighthouse Handheld Airborne Particle CountersLightouse portfolio of handheld airborne particle counters ensure accurate readings of cleanrooms and critical environments
Work Station DrawersAvailable in ABS plastic or stainless steel, these cleanroom-compatible drawers come in a number of sizes and drawer configurations (6” top drawer and 6” bottom drawer shown).
Isolated Work Surfaces in Many MaterialsTables in many styles and materials, including dissipative laminate, chemical-resistant polypropyene and epoxy resin, are isolated from hood to reduce vibration (shown: solid stainless steel top with adjustable powder-coated legs).
UV Germicidal LampThe V-Ray germicidal UV lamp is installed within a Terra hood to inhibit microbial growth on the work surface
Replacement FiltersPurchase replacement filters ahead of time to prevent costly operational interruptions and avoid damage to fan blowers caused by excessive backpressure from long overdue filter replacements.
Other products you may find relevant
Manuals & Resources
Submittals and Product Data - WhisperFlow Fan Filter Units
Technical data submittals for Terra Universal fan filter units.
This manual includes general installation and operating instructions for Terra's Explosion-Proof Hood.
White Paper [pdf]
Vertical vs Horizontal Laminar Flow
Things to consider when deciding between vertical or horizontal flow. There are advantages and disadvantages to each airflow direction and hood design, depending on your application and laboratory lay-out.
Terra Universal Hoods Vol 8 #16
This mini-catalog features Terra's offerings for laminar flow hoods, fume hoods and biological safety cabinets, including options from both Terra and Labconco.
Tech Resource [pdf]
Chemical Compatibility Charts
A general guide describing the effects of different chemicals on various materials. Included here are metals, plastics and rubber/synthetics.