|Miniature LEDs display current humidity
and RH set point
- Increases desiccator efficiency up to 400% to minimize nitrogen waste and moisture exposure
- Senses and displays relative humidity in each desiccator chamber independently for more efficient, cost-effective moisture control
- Cuts nitrogen expenses by over 75%
- Prevents moisture and contamination migration from one chamber to another
- Lets you specify a different humidity set point for each chamber
- Automatically delivers a high-flow nitrogen purge only to the chamber where it's needed, and only as long as it's needed to restore RH set point
- Ergonomic design allows easy viewing, eliminates chamber lip for easier parts removal
- Can be integrated into almost any Terra desiccator line
Increased Efficiency Lowers Recovery Time, Increases Yields
The NitroPlex™ system provides state-of-the-art automated humidity control to guarantee the integrity of stored components.
Each microprocessor-based multiplexed sensor/display module, one installed in each chamber, enhances desiccator performance and economizes on nitrogen expenses. It contains a miniaturized moisture sensor that reads the internal humidity level within ± 2% of full scale. The LED readout displays this value or the programmable set point for that chamber. The set point is adjustable from ambient to 0% RH (the unit does not increase moisture).
When the humidity climbs above the set point in any chamber, the NitroPlex automatically directs a high-flow purge of clean, dry nitrogen only to the chamber where it is needed, and only for as long as necessary to bring the humidity back below the set point value. An adjustable time delay maintains the high-flow purge for a short period of time--long enough to purge any moisture or contaminants that may have entered—and then shuts off, economizing on nitrogen use.
The Automatic RB® (Relief/Bleed) Valve, installed on each chamber, ensures that moisture and contaminants quickly exit the chamber into which they enter and do not migrate to others.
The Automatic RB® Valve thus helps maintain an ideal storage environment while protecting the cabinet against overpressures.
Status alarms are included in each NitroPlex module to warn the user if any door is left open or if the system has been in high purge mode too long, a condition that could indicate an interruption in the gas supply.
This ultra-efficient purging system ensures that your desiccator system maintains the conditions you specify, even during periods of frequent access or very high ambient humidity. Each time a part is accessed and a door closed the system recovers the desired humidity level in a fraction of the time required by conventional systems (see related sidebar). This reduced recovery time eliminates the risk of moisture-related damage to even the most sensitive parts.