Smart Desiccator Essentials
Smart Performance—and Big Savings!
Testing demonstrates the cost benefit of the SmartDesiccator's automated nitrogen control system. Our total nitrogen consumption test was first conducted on a desiccator equipped with a flowmeter, and then with a SmartDesiccator™ control system, under the conditions specified in the chart.
Result: SmartDesiccator™ uses 22% of nitrogen consumed by standard cabinet—a 78% saving!
- Ambient Humidity: 60% RH
- Temperature: 70°F (21° C)
- RH Setpoint: 10% RH
- Test Period: Achieve setpoint and then maintain it for 24 hours
- Chamber Access: Door opened once every 30 minutes; remains open for one minute
SmartDesiccator™ (blue line on chart)
- To achieve setpoint: 85 cubic feet (2.4 cubic meters). Required 30 minutes @ 170 CFH (4.81 m3/hr) on high flow.
- Maintain for 24 hrs: 40 cubic feet (1.1 cubic meters)
- Total N2 Consumed: 125 cubic feet (3.5 cubic meters) Desiccator with 0 - 20 SCFH flowmeter (red line on chart)
- To achieve setpoint: 85 cubic feet (2.4 cubic meters). Required over 4 hours @ 20 CFH (0.57 m3/hr).
Note: Setpoint measured with a hygrometer, since this set up does not monitor humidity level.
- Maintain for 24 hrs: 480 cubic feet (13.6 cubic meters)
- Total N2 Consumed: 565 cubic feet (16 cubic meters)