Learn More: Cleanroom Garment Laundering
RECOMMENDED LAUNDERING INSTRUCTIONS
The following precautions are recommended when washing polyester static-dissipative garments:
- Rigid inspection and repair of all defects before washing. If repairs or alterations are necessary, use continuous filament thread.
- All zippers should be zipped up.
- Use smaller loads to decrease mechanical action.
- Use less harsh soap (mild alkaline or neutral soaps) or detergents.
- Use no bleach if possible. If bleach must be used, reduce concentration as much as possible.
- Reduce the washing temperature below 120°F for colors, and not more than 140°F for whites. End the washing cycle with a cold rinse.
- Use short, low speed extraction.
- Tumble dry at moderate (140°F, or less, exhaust stack temperature) setting. Use at least a 5 minute cold tumble at the end of the drying cycle for proper cool down. Remove and hang garments immediately.
- Use ironing only as a last resort. If ironing is necessary, do not overheat. Polyester static-dissipative garments contain synthetic fibers that can be scorched or fused with excessive heat. Use lowest temperature.
- Inspection before and after processing should include good light to observe any potential linting surfaces on the garments.