Intuitive icon-driven color touchscreen is easy-to-read and can be used while wearing gloves
The graphical, icon-driven interface is easy to use and the large color touchscreen is designed to be used while wearing gloves (even multiple pairs). Only the information required for a particular application is displayed, and color-coded information and action fields reduce the chances for operating errors.
Convenient built-in weighing applications increase efficiency and reduce errors
Quintix comes with built-in applications to make weighing more efficient by eliminating the need to fine-tune settings and reducing the possibility for weighing errors due to incorrect operation.
- Check weighing: Quintix can be used to check whether different objects, such as packaged units, are within a specific tolerance range. This application also makes it easy to fill sample materials to a specified target weight.
- Components: Save up to 99 components weighed in various individual containers. Each container can be tared before each component is weighed.
- Conversion: Use this application to multiply or divide the weight value by a user-defined factor. The selected factor is saved to protected memory.
- Counting: Using Quintix to count identical items (such as screws or tablets) is easier, faster, and more accurate than manual counting.
- Density: The Density Determination function easily and accurately determines the density of a solid object based on the buoyancy method (requires optional density kit, available separately).
- Mixing: When combining components in one container for a formula or mixture, Quintix will automatically tare the balance are each component is weighed. The weight of an individual component or the total weight can be displayed.
- Peak Hold: The peak hold function will retain the peak value for display after weighing when a bulky sample covers the display or when a maximum force is quickly released.
- Percentage: This function will do the math to determine how much samples vary from a reference standard.
- Statistics: Use this application to save weight and calculated values for up to 99 components and statistically analyze them.
- Unstable Conditions: Quintix provides accurate readings under unstable environmental conditions, such as vibration or laminar flow, or when weighing moving laboratory animals.
- Weighing: Quintix will weigh everything from chunks of solids to the finest quantities of pastes, powders, and liquids with incomparable weighing reliability.
Automatic Calibration with isoCAL
Weighting results can be influenced by even minor temperature fluctuations. isoCAL, the internal automatic calibration and adjustment function, provides complete protection against incorrect results due to an uncalibrated balance. The adjustments are documented, and reports about the most recent calibrations, including identified deviations can be output to a PC or Sartorius laboratory printer(sold separately).
Cal Audit Trail provides traceable documentation of all calibration and adjustment data
Quintix features a Cal Audit Trail function to document the quality of each weigh-in procedure performed. Each conforming and non-conforming adjustment procedure recorded by the balance can be viewed on the touch screen, and can be transferred over the balance's interface to a computer or to a Sartorius printer.
Traceable sample identification for compliance with ISO, GLP, and GMP
Quintix features an interactive user guide to configure and activate printouts with proper date and time stamps to provide traceable sample identification compliant with ISO, GLP, and GMP standards (requires a Sartorius laboratory printer, available separately).
Data input and output via mini USB interface without the need for additional software
The mini USB interface enables direct data output to Microsoft®Windows programs and data transfer protocols in SBI, xBPI, spreadsheet (table), or text formats. Data output can be automatically synchronized with the display or activated manually (at defined intervals or when a print command is received). A computer connected via the data interface can send control commands. Sartorius laboratory printers are automatically detected by the balance and print results on standard printer paper or continuous labels.
Designed for easy and thorough cleaning to prevent contamination
Quintix is designed with limited edges and clear contours for easy and thorough cleaning to prevent contamination, protect work area safety and promote compliance with hygiene requirements. The sleek, innovative housing is acetone-cleanable. The practical and sturdy draft shield (on models with this feature) can be completely disassembled and is made of dishwasher-safe glass parts.
Tested for reliability and accuracy
Quintix is manufactured with high-grade components and materials and is tested to obtain accurate and traceable weighing results reliability and consistently. The solid aluminum-alloy base plate is resistant to vibration and temperature fluctuation.
Additional Information for Quintix Balances
- Selectable Weight Units Gram, kilogram, carat, pound, ounce, troy ounce, Hong Kong tael, Singapore tael, Taiwan tael, grain, pennyweight, milligram, parts per pound, China tael, momme, Austrian carat, tola, baht, mesghal, Newton
- Available Languages English (default), Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Calibration Automatic (isoCAL), internal, external
- Leveling Glass level indicator with air bubble for centering
- Security Compatible with Kensington lock-and-cable apparatus Warranty 2 years
- Environment For indoor use only
- Ambient Temperature +50° F to +86° F (+10°C to +30°C)
- Operational Capacity Guaranteed between 41°F to 113°F (+5°C and +45°C)
- Storage and Shipping 14°F to 140°F (-10°C to +60°C)
- Relative Humidity 15% to 80% for temperatures up to 87.8°F (31°C); non-condensing, decreasing linearly to 50% relative humidity at 104°F (40°C) and 20% at 122°F (50°C)
- Elevation Up to 3000 m above sea level
- Safety of electrical equipment In accordance with EN 61010-1/IEC 61010-1. Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use – Part 1: General requirements.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility In accordance with EN 61326-1/IEC 61326-1. Electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use – EMC requirements – Part 1: General requirements.
- Defined immunity to Interference Suitable for use in industrial areas
- Interference Emission Class B (suitable for use in residential areas and areas that are connected to a low voltage network that also supplies residential buildings). The device can therefore be used in both areas.
- Protection Ratings Protection Class II, in accordance with EN | IEC 60950-1 up to 3000 m above sea level; IP40 as per EN | IEC 60529
- Primary AC Universal voltage, 100 to 240 V ±10%, 50 to 60 Hz, 0.2 A, typically 2 W
- Secondary DC 15 V ±5%, 530 mA (maximum), 8 W (maximum): 32°F to 104°F (0°C to +40°C), and 15 V ±5%, 330 mA (maximum), 5 W (maximum): 32°F to 122°F (0°C to +50°C)
- Universal Power Adapters Sartorius AC adaptor module 6971790 with interchangeable country-specific plug-in AC adaptors
- CE-marked Yes
- Additional Features
- Compatible with Kensington lock-and-cable apparatus
- Integrated underfloor weighing
- Below balance weighing
- Glass level indicator with air bubble for centering
- Multilingual interface
- Made in Germany