Vibration Isolation Table
Vibration Isolation Tables for Cleanroom Operations From TMC
- Suitable for cleaner than Class-100 cleanrooms; includes stainless steel top and ducted air exhaust for clean, particle free operation
- Choose from two tabletops: brushed and electropolished 304 stainless steel
- Patented Gimbal Piston™ Isolators achieve both horizontal and vertical isolation down to very low input levels
- Tiebars are welded on the inside, so no weld bead is exposed
- High stiffness, stainless steel frame is easy to clean with no horizontal seams or ridges
- Load-carrying capacity of up to 500 lbs. (227 kg) for balanced loads
- Front support bar comes standard
The all-stainless steel vibration isolation workstation is a high-performance, pneumatic vibration-dampening table designed from the floor up for maximum cleanroom compatibility. Isolation is provided by the patented Gimbal Piston element that provides unsurpassed performance in isolating optical tables, electron microscopes, precision balances, and scanning-tunneling microscopes. These workstations can be alcohol wiped with a lint-free cloth and are double wrapped in plastic at the factory prior to shipping.
- Gimbal Piston Isolators: The TMC Patented Gimbal Piston Isolator has been proven by independent tests to consistently outperform the competition. It achieves both horizontal and vertical isolation down to very low input levels.
- Thin-Wall Rolling Diaphragms: An integral part of the Gimbal Piston, the thin-wall, dacron-reinforced, rolling diaphragm air seals are only 0.020 in. (0.5 mm) thick and extremely flexible. They do not stiffen the spring as thicker rubber diaphragms do.
- Height Control Valves: All systems are equipped with rugged height control valves. Virtually unbreakable, they are finger adjustable with no need for tools. The standard model maintains height to ± 0.050 in. (±1 mm.)
- Internal Piston Travel Restraint: Unique in the industry, TMC provides husky, tamperproof, built-in piston travel restraints. The restraints are completely independent of the table valves and have been ram-tested at forces above those produced by the pistons operating at full pressure. They cannot be decoupled accidentally and do not interfere with setting up and using the table, but simply protect against overtravel without the use of external bars that create hazardous pinch points. Heavy loads, including the top plate, can be safely removed from a table in full operation.
- Tiebar Gussets: Exclusive TMC tiebar gussets increase table frame rigidity. They compensate for the elimination of the front tiebar in order to provide kneewell space.
- Rugged Built-in Leveling Feet: Table legs include built-in fine-thread 3 in. (75 mm) diameter screw jack levelers with 1/2 in. (13 mm) travel, provision for external adjustment and a handy adjustment wrench. The base is a solid, slightly domed shape to assure solid, wobble-free contact with sloping or irregular floors.
Which Top Is Best for You?:
Stainless steel laminate, the least expensive top, is recommended for applications that require a strong magnetic attachment and will not involve repeated exposure of the top to corrosive liquids. However, stains from such liquids can be removed with an industrial strength stainless steel cleaner. This top does not have the precision flatness of our CleanTop II honeycomb top.
Plastic laminate on stainless steel offers an easy-to clean alternative to stainless steel without sacrificing structural performance. A plastic laminate is added to the top surface, which reduces ferromagnetic attachment strength.
CleanTop II features TMC's patented spill-proof, drilled and tapped mounting hole array. Tops are 4" (100 mm) thick and have 1/2-20 holes on 1" (25 mm) spacing or M6 holes on 25 mm spacing. The small cell-size steel honeycomb design provides even stiffer and better damping than our stainless steel laminate.
Isolator natural frequency Specifications
- High Input Specifications:
- 2.1 Hz (vertical)
- 1.0 Hz (horizontal)
- Low Input Specifications:
- 1.5 - 2.0 Hz (vertical)
- 1.2 - 1.7 Hz (horizontal)
- Isolation efficiency @ 5 Hz:
- vertical: 70 - 85%
- horizontal: 75 - 90%
- Isolation efficiency @ 10 Hz:
- vertical: 90 - 97%
- horizontal: 90 - 97%
- Gross load Capacity: 1,400 lbs. (640 kg)
- Net load Capacity: 500 lbs. (227 kg) for balanced loads
- Finish: Electropolished stainless steel frame, stainless steel top (with or without electropolish)
- Facilities required: 80 psi nitrogen or air