High-Performance Vibration Isolation Tables
High-Performance Vibration Isolation Tables From TMC
- Choose from three tabletops: standard stainless steel, stainless steel and plastic laminate, and honeycomb
- Patented Gimbal Piston™ Isolators achieve both horizontal and vertical isolation down to very low input levels
- Modular, ergonomic design enhances functionality and comfort
- All-brass height control valves are finger adjustable and virtually unbreakable
- Balanced load-carrying capacity of up to 500 lbs. (227 kg)
- Built-in piston travel restraints protect against overtravel without the use of external bars
These TMC high-performance vibration isolation workstations provide an excellent vibration-free working surface for balanced loads up to 500 lbs. (227 kg). Now with modular construction, these tables are recommended for use in such diverse applications as electrophysiology, cell injection, ultramicrotomy, photomicroscopy, scanning tunnel microscopy, and confocal laser scanning microscopy.
- Gimbal Piston Isolators: The TMC patented Gimbal Piston Isolator has been proven by independent tests to consistently outperform the competition. It achieves both horizontal and vertical isolation down to very low input levels.
- Thin-Wall Rolling Diaphragms: The TMC patented Gimbal Piston Isolator has been proven by independent tests to consistently outperform the competition. It achieves both horizontal and vertical isolation down to very low input levels.
- All-Brass Height Control Valves: All systems are equipped with rugged all-brass height control valves. Virtually unbreakable, they are finger adjustable with no need for tools. The standard model maintains height to ± 0.050 in. (±1 mm.)
- Internal Piston Travel Restraint: Unique in the industry, TMC provides husky, tamperproof, built-in piston travel restraints. The restraints are completely independent of the table valves and have been ram-tested at forces above those produced by the pistons operating at full pressure. They cannot be decoupled accidentally and do not interfere with setting up and using the table, but simply protect against overtravel without the use of external bars that create hazardous pinch points. Heavy loads, including the top plate, can be safely removed from a table in full operation.
- Tiebar Gussets: Exclusive TMC tiebar gussets increase table frame rigidity. They compensate for the elimination of the front tiebar in order to provide kneewell space.
- Rugged Built-in Leveling Feet: Table legs include built-in fine-thread 3 in. (75 mm) diameter screw jack levelers with .5 in. (13 mm) travel, provision for external adjustment and a handy adjustment wrench. The base is a solid, slightly domed shape to assure solid, wobble-free contact with sloping or irregular floors.
- Superior Table Tops: Our standard laminated tops provide an attractive stainless steel ferromagnetic working surface with highly damped, high stiffness construction at low cost. For applications requiring the ultimate stiffness and damping or mounting holes, specify our patented CleanTop® II honeycomb top.
Which Top Is Best for You?:
Stainless steel laminate, the least expensive top, is recommended for applications that require a strong magnetic attachment and will not involve repeated exposure of the top to corrosive liquids. However, stains from such liquids can be removed with an industrial strength stainless steel cleaner. This top does not have the precision flatness of our CleanTop II honeycomb top.
Plastic laminate on stainless steel offers an easy-to clean alternative to stainless steel without sacrificing structural performance. A plastic laminate is added to the top surface, which reduces ferromagnetic attachment strength.
CleanTop II features TMC's patented spill-proof, drilled and tapped mounting hole array. Tops are 4" (100 mm) thick and have 1/2-20 holes on 1" (25 mm) spacing or M6 holes on 25 mm spacing. The small cell-size steel honeycomb design provides even stiffer and better damping than our stainless steel laminate.
Isolator natural frequency Specifications
- High Input Specifications:
- 2.1 Hz (vertical)
- 1.0 Hz (horizontal)
- Low Input Specifications:
- 1.5 - 2.0 Hz (vertical)
- 1.2 - 1.7 Hz (horizontal)
- Isolation efficiency @ 5 Hz:
- vertical: 70 - 85%
- horizontal: 75 - 90%
- Isolation efficiency @ 10 Hz:
- vertical: 90 - 97%
- horizontal: 90 - 97%
- Gross load Capacity: 1,400 lbs. (640 kg)
- Net load Capacity: 500 lbs. (227 kg) for balanced loads
- Finish: Medium texture black powder coat frame; stainless steel or white plastic laminate top.
- Facilities required: 80 psi nitrogen or air