- Converts any space into negative pressure isolation room
- Ducted version includes 12" adapter flange connection to facility exhaust system
• Converts any space into negative pressure isolation room
• Ducted version includes 12" adapter flange connection to facility exhaust system
• Removes submicron particles generated inside a cleanroom or equipment enclosure to allow safe air release into cleanroom or laboratory
• Electrically commutated, high-efficiency EC motor meets low-energy power requirements
• Ideal for containing dust generated during maintenance or construction inside a classified space
• Applications: enclosures for cleanroom renovations, equipment repair
• Select HEPA filter (99.99% efficient @ 0.3 µm particles) or ULPA filter (99.999% efficient @ 0.12 µm particles)
• Quiet, low-vibration WhisperFlow® design: only 50 dBA, measured 30" from filter face @ 90 FPM
• Provides an airflow of 640+ CFM under filter load at Medium speed
• Provides years of no-maintenance, 24/7 operation depending on your air quality
• Internal baffling plate and diffuser panel provide quiet uniform air flow across the filter face
• MERV 7 pre-filter, 30% ASHRAE rated
• Filters are leak tested in accordance with IEST standards and meet UL 900
• See performance data and submittal sheets for additional information
• Optional Accessories:
Challenge port kit
Power plug adapter
Stainless surface mount frame for installing FFU in ceiling without T-grid
12” ducted inlet connection adapter
Filter replacement alarm
Eye bolt package
Pre-filter safety cover, for CE conformance
Control panel with night mode switch and power distribution modules
Most cleanroom professionals understand that FFUs capture contaminants that degrade particle-sensitive samples. But they also remove bacteria and many viruses and mold spores that contribute to a host of infections.
Most common bacteria are contained by the 0.3-micron pore size of high-efficiency particular air (HEPA) filters. Ultra-Low Penetration Air (ULPA) filters, which are rated 99.999% efficient at retaining particles of 0.12 microns and larger in diameter, capture ultra-fine contaminants, including many large viruses and mold spores.
These filters also remove aerosol-born pathogens—germs that hitch a ride on larger particles and liquid droplets that are captured in a HEPA or ULPA filter. HEPA- or ULPA-based Fan/Filter Units (FFUs) thus can play an important role in infection prevention in surgical theaters, ICUs and other medical settings.
Additionally, HEPA filters can help filter pollen, tiny insects, bacteria, mold, and other fungal spores that might be present during plant tissue culture or cannabis production. Contaminants such as these can find a way in via personnel or normal HVAC units and can blight crops and reduce yields. HEPA Filters help increase crop yields, pass inspection/meet regulations, and reduce contamination.
Here is a list of common human pathogens that HEPA/ULPA filters capture and remove from circulation: