- Pricing is per linear foot. Use quantity to indicate the width in feet of the curtain (Example: Qty 4 is 4 linear feet of coverage)
• Pricing is per linear foot. Use quantity to indicate the width in feet of the curtain (Example: Qty 4 is 4 linear feet of coverage)
• Suitable for all classes of cleanrooms and all levels of process isolation
• Static-dissipative vinyl helps prevent surface charges and particle attraction
• Grip-Track mounting system locks and unlocks with a snap; no tools required
• Heavy-gauge materials hang straight, without sewn hems or sash weights
• T-Grid Mounting System allows suspension of curtains or strip shields from Terra's cleanroom ceiling grid
• 4' -wide softwall panels made of blur-free 40 mil vinyl
• 8' -wide strip curtains made of blur-free 60 mil vinyl
• Heavy-gauge material for tear resistance and straight hanging without weights
• Static-Dissipative PVC includes built-in static inhibitors, recommended for all cleanrooms to minimize particle cling
• Tests performed per ASTM D257 show surface resistivity of 1.8 x 107ohms/sq.
• Static-dissipative characteristics typically last for two years (depending on temperature, humidity, UV exposure, and other environment conditions)
• Static-dissipative polyurethane curtain material available for non-outgassing applications
• Application Note: For pressure, humidity and/or temperature control or frequent cleaning/sterilization, see Hardwall Modular Cleanrooms
• Fluctuating temperature conditions may cause curtains to expand/shrink ±2” of specified height and ±0.75" of specified width.
These softwall curtains and strip shields are ideal for use with Terra's free-standing Softwall Cleanrooms on the previous pages. They can also be installed directly onto existing walls or ceilings.
Either way, you receive the cleanest, most durable panels available. Standard 4-foot wide softwall curtains overlap by 6 inches and are fabricated of heavy-duty, blur-free 40 mil material—double the industry standard—ensuring enhanced tear resistance and eliminating the need for unsightly sewn sash weights. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) strip shields, made of 60 mil vinyl, come standard in 8" widths, with 2" overlap, to form parting doors or reach-throughs. Both are made of static-dissipative vinyl. Polyurethane (Polysim®) shields are 40 mil x 12" W with 2" overlap.
Select the panel material to meet your application requirements. Static-Dissipative PVC includes built-in static inhibitors. Tests performed per ASTM D257 show surface resistivity of 1.8 x 107 ohms/sq. Static-dissipative characteristics may degrade over time and require curtain replacement after two years (depending on temperature, humidity, UV exposure, and other environment conditions). Testing is recommended in static-sensitive applications.
Terra also offers panels made from static-dissipative polyurethane that provides permanent, humidity-independent ESD protection from sensitive manufacturing conditions. This material contains no plasticizer, making it virtually non-outgassing.
Pricing is per linear foot. Use quantity to indicate the length in feet of the curtain or strip panel (ie quantity 8 = an eight-feet of material of the specified height).
Standard curtain panels are 4-feet wide, but wider panels are available. Similarly, strip shields and panels for ceiling heights over 10 feet can be ordered. Talk to a Terra Product Specialist.
Please note these construction details: