• Capacity: [xxx]
• Unit of Measure: of 1
• Rugged PlateCrane EX and EX360 Microplate Handlers are optimized for handling labware in the SBS footprint
• Available in standard PlateCrane EX with 345° horizontal rotation and PlateCrane 360 with unlimited rotation
• Provides walkaway automation for a single microplate instrument or complex workcells with multiple liquid handling instruments
• Four axes of motion: tower rotation, vertical travel, a telescoping arm and gripper rotation
• Automatically handles plates with over 200 different instruments
• Loads and unloads microplate readers, automatable centrifuges, reagent dispensers, microplate washers and other automated lab instruments from removable stacks mounted on modular bases
• Accepts 96-, 384- and 1536-well microplates, deep well plates, lidded plates and tip racks
• Compatible with lidded or unlidded plates
• Easy benchtop workcell set-up fits into a standard laboratory hood
• Allows easy addition of plates to active protocols
• Applications: DNA quantification, PCR set up and cleanup, assay development, cell biology, bioassay validation and high-throughput drug screening
• Options: temperature controlled stacks, Easy Teaching pendant for easy set-up of plate positions in workcell and revolutionary AutoTeach machine vision teaching system
• Includes SoftLinx lab automation software for programming and scheduling workcell operation, 5 stacks (each stack holds 25 lidded plates, 30 plates without lids, or 9 DW blocks)
• Capacity: [xxx]
• Unit of Measure: of 1
Designed for the scientist while maintaining the reliability and flexibility required by automation specialists, the PlateCrane integrates easily with automation-friendly incubators or random access stacks (plates are stacked in shelves for random selection) and Hudson’s LabLinx track-based system.
The PlateCrane EX is supplied with Hudson’s SoftLinx laboratory automation software that provides scheduling capability and an easy-to-use icon-based drag-and-drop Method Editor. SoftLinx users can access Hudson’s software interfaces for more than 150 microplate-based instruments, including liquid handlers, pipettes, washers, readers, incubators, sealers, bar code labelers, and more.
With the optional teach pendant, calibration is almost as easy as pressing a button. While servicing one instrument or an entire workcell, the PlateCrane Ex is the ideal solution for labs working with liquid handling instruments and microplates.
Automated microplate robots such as the PlateCrane are used widely in the drug discovery industry to increase the efficiency of numerous high throughput screens involving complex methods (FLIPR, Reporter, ELISA, and FRET assays). The PlateCrane, designed with an efficient built-in plate gripper and on-board controller, pioneered the idea of a compact microplate robot handling and being compatible with multiple instruments from different manufacturers.
PlateCranes are also used to track microplates in their assays by automating the application of barcode labels to microplates and automatically delivering batches of up to 450 microplates to barcode print-and-apply devices, such as the Computype LAP-4100.
The PlateCrane is also used to move microplates and filter plates in high throughput, automated DNA Plasmid Prep systems. Unlike systems offered by some plasmid prep kit manufacturers, Hudson’s wide array of automated dispensers, shaker nests, and automated vacuum nests make PlateCrane-based plasmid prep systems truly walk-away with no need for human intervention from start to finish, with throughput as high as 6 quantity of 96-well plates (576 samples) per hour.
Diagram showing the movement and dimensions of the PlateCrane Ex cylindrical robot arm
|Plate Format:||Portrait & Landscape (Rotary Gripper)|
|Plate Storage Device:||2 removable stacks (expandable up to 15)|
|Arm Mechanism:||ball bearing axis with high-speed screw rail; mechanical stops to prevent continuous rotation (345° maximum)|
|Arm Motion (Rotary Travel):||PlateCrane EX with 345° horizontal rotation PlateCrane 360 model with 360°+ (unlimited) rotation|
|Horizontal Reach:||12"–18" radius from centerline|
|Dimensions:||27"H x 19"W x 27"D|
|Weight:||45 lbs., without stacks|
|Operating Temperature:||15° to 40°C (59° to 104°F)|
|Operating Humidity:||0 to 85%, non-condensing|
|Computer Interface:||RS232 serial cable|
|Power Input:||115/220V AC, 50/60Hz|