• Easily connect or disconnect fan/filter units and light fixtures as needed
• Plug-and-play design speeds up installation, allows for easy upgrade to higher ISO classifications by adding FFUs (requires open PDM port)
• Must be wired to a dedicated 35A fused 120V circuit or a 30A fused 240V circuit
• Select among four PDM types: Primary, Secondary, Booster, and Power Outlet PDMs
• Primary PDMs contain low-voltage control circuit required for a Control Panel and distributes power safely to up to 5 FFUs and 5 lights
• Secondary PDMs extend power from the Primary PDM for an additional 5 FFUs and 5 lights
• Booster PDMs must be installed after each Secondary PDM when multiple Secondary PDMs are required
• Power Outlet PDMs can support up to five duplex outlets (requires a dedicated 20A fused circuit)
Terra’s Power Distribution Modules (PDMs) dramatically simplify connection of fan/filter modules (FFUs) and ceiling lights, while providing low-voltage power for one or more Control Panels
Each PDM accommodates up to 5 lights and 5 FFUs and must be wired to a dedicated 35A fused 120V circuit or a 30A fused 240V circuit. Select among four PDM types (see configuration chart below):
If there’s chance that you may require additional FFUs to accommodate cleaner conditions, leave each PDM below its maximum FFU capacity. FFUs and lights can be added at any time, with no need for an electrician or hard-wiring, as long as the maximum of five of either module per PDM is not exceeded.
Terra cleanrooms are designed to meet a specified ISO cleanliness rating when a cleanroom is in use: with operations in progress, process machinery humming, and personnel in motion. So why pay to maintain that level of FFU performance when a production shift ends and people, the greatest source of contamination, leave the room?
With a greatly reduced contaminant load, a cleanroom at rest maintains its target ISO cleanliness standard with much less airflow, fewer air changes—and decreased power consumption. Terra’s Night Service Switch provides this cleanliness at a nominal cost, giving you immediate cost savings.
Simply select the “Night Service” Switch when you turn off the lights and go home. A separate operation circuit drops all Fan/Filter Units (FFUs) into low-energy operation mode, shaving 25% of energy costs off your power bill while maintaining uninterrupted cleanroom performance at your specified cleanliness level. With Terra's Night Service Switch, operators can save up to 7,000 kilowatt-hours per year with a return on investment in slightly over a year.*
A complete system includes fan/filter units and Terra's standard Power Distribution Modules (order separately), in addition to the units specified below. The Night Service Switch includes electronic configuration of each FFU controlled by this system. The Control Panel includes switch settings and indicator lights for Normal Mode and Night Service Mode, as well as a tamper-resistant master FFU Off switch.
|Operating Setting:||High Speed**||Medium Speed**||Night Service|
|Airflow: cfm (m^3/hr)||808 (1373)||717 (1218)||654 (1111)|
|Air Speed: ft/m (m/s)||115 (0.58)||102 (0.51)||93 (0.47)|
|Run Amps (Watts):||4.3 (512)||3.5 (416)||3.3 (393W)*|
*25% savings over operation on high speed
**Based off of an average-sized cleanroom with 10 FFUs, active cleanroom usage of 8 hours per day, and the U.S. Energy Information Administration's given average retail price of electricity at 10.72 cents per kilowatt-hour.