• Provides safe storage for flammable liquids
• 18-gauge double-wall insulating barriers
• Fully painted inside-and-out with durable, lead-free hybrid powder-paint for chemical resistance
• 1.5" (38 mm) insulating space between the walls for fire resistance
• Includes Spill-Slope safety shelves adjustable on 3" (76 mm) centers with load levels of 350 lbs. (158.9 kg.)
• Dual vents and built-in arresters at bottom and opposite top
• Fail-safe, three-point stainless steel self-latching system for positive door closure
• Manual-closing or self-closing doors with fusible link that seals at 165º F (74°C)
• Padlock-ready recessed handles
• Haz-Alert reflective labels are visible with a flashlight beam
• Cabinets meet NFPA and OSHA code requirements and are FM approved
• Rounded door corners to reduce accidental nicks or cuts
• 2" (51 mm) leak tight sump, dual vents with flame arresters
• Four adjustable leveling feet
• Grounding connector
• Hazard warning in three languages
All models are fully compliant to OSHA and NFPA and most are FM approved. Self-close models also meet the Uniform Fire Code. They shut and latch automatically when fusible links melt at 165°F (74°C) under fire conditions. Patented, concealed closing mechanism in self-close style maximizes available shelf space and minimizes risk of damage to the mechanism.
Attractive U-Loc™ padlockable paddle handle with slip resistant grip offers easy fingertip operation and reduces dangerous "catches" from passing traffic. Handle is supplied with two keys and accepts an optional No. 5 Master Lock® padlock for added security. Padlock offers a greater visual deterrent and can be easily keyed differently, keyed alike, or master keyed for employee convenience or to limit access to authorized personnel.
When illuminated by a flashlight beam, hazardous warning labels burst with high visibility under fire conditions or power outages. Labels are strategically positioned in high and low zones to help firefighters easily locate volatile liquids.
Sturdy, galvanized steel SpillSlope™ shelves safely direct accidental spills to the back of the cabinet and to the bottom of the leak-proof sump. Adjustable on 3" (76 mm) centers, they meet ANSI standards with a 350 lb. (159 kg.) safe allowable load.