- Supports vacuum to 29.9" Hg
- Fabricated of transparent 1" thick acrylic
- O-ring inlaid in precision-routed channel, helps ensure uniform and ultra-low leak rate
- Stainless steel draw latches and inlaid O-ring provide clean, leak-tight operation
• Supports vacuum to 29.9" Hg
• Fabricated of transparent 1" thick acrylic
• O-ring inlaid in precision-routed channel, helps ensure uniform and ultra-low leak rate
• Stainless steel draw latches and inlaid O-ring provide clean, leak-tight operation
• Includes a vacuum gauge and two metering valves to permit flushing of the chamber with purge gas before application of vacuum
• Optional vacuum/nitrogen pumps and vacuum safety relief valves available separately
• Ideal for degassing small parts and mixed liquids, vacuum encapsulation, and general purpose vacuum experiments
• Provide a safe, convenient way to transport moisture- and particle-sensitive materials
• Clear acrylic construction provides full visibility of parts
• CAUTION: Acrylic is damaged by alcohol and many other cleaning agents. Use only water and mild detergent
• Solvent welding, 304 stainless steel and chrome-plated hardware are compatible with cleanroom environments
• Contact to discuss custom sizes and applications, including installation of cable feed-throughs
These economical vacuum chambers provide a safe, reliable means for transporting contamination- and moisture-sensitive parts. They are also ideal for degassing operations, biological tests, material testing and other processes requiring sustained low and intermediate vacuums.
Seven different sizes are available; all support vacuums to 29.9" Hg. All models are fabricated of transparent 1" (25 mm) thick acrylic, 0.52" (13 mm) acrylic on No. 5235-08. They feature chrome-plated latches to ensure a noncontaminating environment.
Terra installs a vacuum gauge and two metering valves to permit flushing of the chamber with purge gas before application of vacuum. Terra also features a full line of vacuum/nitrogen pumps. Recommended pump and accessories.
Note: Due to the inherent permeability of plastic, these chambers will not maintain a stable vacuum level over extended periods. For long-term vacuum maintenance, leave vacuum pump connected and running.
Although your application may not require vacuum levels to 29.9"Hg, Terra builds its chambers to support this vacuum level due to safety concerns.
Variations in operators and operating protocol may lead to inadvertent spikes in vacuum pressure. Because these chambers are small, a few moments of vacuum operation beyond your target vacuum can subject them to substantially higher stress than you intend. Even a safety release switch is no guarantee that a chamber won't experience high vacuum pressure since these valves are not tamper-proof.
The best way to guarantee the safety of your parts and personnel is to use a chamber designed to sustain high vacuum levels. That's why Terra fabricates these chambers of 1"-thick acrylic.
Chambers lose vacuum pressure initially due to air released from acrylic walls during first three hours. If vacuum level of 29.9"Hg is restored following this initial drop in vacuum pressure, chambers hold 29.9"Hg with no detectable change in pressure over duration of test.
Terra offers chambers in both materials. Which is right for your application?