Labconco Combination Glove Boxes – Controlled Atmosphere and Filtered
Protector Combination Glove Boxes merges the features of filtered and controlled atmosphere models into one unit. Closure of two internal valves converts the box to a controlled atmosphere glove box that can be pressurized up to ±5 inches of water gauge for a leak-tight inert atmosphere. When atmosphere-sensitive procedures are complete, opening the two internal valves allows air from inside the box to pass through a HEPA outlet filter and optional second HEPA or Carbon outlet filter before exhausting via a ductwork to the outside. The physical barrier and filtration system protect users from exposure to hazardous materials and contamination-sensitive materials from degradation.
Additional Features of Protector Combination Isolation Glove Boxes
- Automatic control of main chamber pressure, main chamber evacuation and filling cycles and transfer chamber evacuation and filling cycles
- Factory-leak tested with a mass spectrometer while pressurized with Helium at 5 inches of water gauge
- Detectable leaks: No greater than 1 x 10-6 ml/sec
- LCD display provides real time monitoring of volume dilution rates in cubic feet per minute (CFM), air changes/minute (ACM), main chamber pressure (inches of water), and transfer chamber in inches of mercury and mBar
- Interior right-hand side wall-mounted electrical receptacle with 10 amp maximum (100/115 volt models) or 10 amp maximum (230 volt models) circuit load
- Two 8” ID, epoxy-coated aluminum double-grooved glove ports mounted 17” apart, with neoprene gaskets
- RS-232 port, gas/liquid port, or port for oxygen or moisture monitor
- Two 25-watt fluorescent lights
Features of Protector Filtered Glove Boxes
- Airborne particulate cleanliness (measured under positive and negative pressures per ISO 14644-1 test method) exceeds ISO Class 5 conditions and achieves ISO Class 4 conditions
- Inlet and outlet HEPA filters, 99.99% efficient on 0.3 micron particulates, rated for 70 CFM at <0.90" static pressure
- Particulate containment: <20 nanograms per cubic meter as confirmed by SafeBridge Consultants, incorporated
- Test port: HEPA or ULPA filter integrity
- Safe filter removal and replacement with true bag-in/bag-out filter disposal system
- Built-in blower speed control: from 15 CFM to 85 CFM depending on voltage and frequency
- Clean up time: 0.05 ppm average tracer gas levels or less detected during perimeter scan testing (surpasses ASHRAE 110 standards) after 5 minute dilution
- Inlet and outlet particulate (HEPA or ULPA) filters provides a leak-tight environment preventing contaminants from entering or exiting chamber
- One-piece molded fiberglass liner
- Clear acrylic inner and outer transfer chamber doors
Features of Protector Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes
- Exceeds Class 1 atmosphere containment conditions for oxygen permeation less than 1.67 ppm/min per ISO 10648-2 test method
- Oxygen permeation: <0.3 ppm/min (fiberglass-lined models) and <0.15 ppm/min (stainless steel-lined models) per ISO 10648-2
- Input/Output port for optional AtmosPure Re-Gen Gas Purifier
- Four manual valves with 3/8” compression fittings (two on main chamber and two on transfer chamber for evacuating, filling and added control
- Main chamber pressure: automatic control (-5 to +5 inches of water gauge)
- Main chamber evacuation and filling cycles: up to 499 cycles
- Evacuation and filling cycles of transfer chamber evacuation: up to 199 cycles
- Vacuum/pressure regulation: between -5 and +5 inches of water gauge in the main chamber and between 0 and -29.5 inches of mercury in the transfer chamber
- Alarms: mutable and audible (when pressure/vacuum level is outside set limits
- Three-position foot pedal: increasing gas/fill, off, evacuate/decrease gas
- Factory-installed, rear-mounted, low profile stainless steel pressure relief bubbler at ±6 inches of water gauge
- Two rear-mounted inlet and outlet 3/4” OD compression fittings for easy connection to optional AtmosPure™ Re-Gen Gas Purifier or other accessory drying train
Fiberglass and Stainless Steel Models
The fiberglass-lined models feature a one-piece molded fiberglass liner with clear acrylic inner and outer transfer chamber doors. This model has been performance tested to maintain oxygen levels as low as 0.4 ppm and moisture levels as low as 2 ppm. The oxygen permeation is less than 0.3 ppm/min per ISO 10648-2 and illumination exceeds 120 footcandles.
The stainless steel-lined models feature a Type 304 stainless steel liner with Type 304 stainless steel inner and outer transfer chamber doors. Type 304 stainless steel material also comprises the front panel. This model has been performance tested to maintain oxygen levels as low as 0.2 ppm and moisture levels as low as 1 ppm. The oxygen permeation is less than 0.16 ppm/min per ISO 10648-2 and illumination exceeds 80 footcandles.
AtmosPure Re-Gen Gas Purifier
This gas purifier maintains ultrapure inert atmosphere within the Protector® Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes. It has the capacity to remove 5 liters of oxygen gas (13,500 ppm) and 660 grams of moisture (water vapor) which is equivalent to 18 million ppm. The regeneration is, in turn, completed in 13 hours. Additionally, the leak rate is ± 0.000001 mL/sec.
Can't find what you're looking for?Tell us what you need and we'll build it!