- HEPA filtration maintains ISO Class 5 conditions in work area
- Includes: anti-static ionizer fan, balance vibration isolator and neoprene gloves, built-in blower with speed control
• HEPA filtration maintains ISO Class 5 conditions in work area
• Includes: anti-static ionizer fan, balance vibration isolator and neoprene gloves, built-in blower with speed control
• Ideal for use in pharmaceutical, nanotechnology and biochemistry labs working with hazardous airborne particulates or powders
• Provides a leak-tight barrier to the operator while weighing potent fine powders
• Airborne particulate cleanliness exceeds ISO Class 5 conditions and achieves ISO Class 3 conditions
• ¼ laminated safety glass viewing window with powder-coated steel frame and neoprene gasket
• Included glove size: neoprene gloves size 9 ¾
• Interior space of main chamber: 13 cu. ft.
• Built-in blower speed control capable of airflow from 13 CFM to 100 CFM (22.1 m³/hr. to 170 m³/hr.)
• 0.05 ppm average tracer gas levels or less detected during perimeter scan testing
• Vibrations less than .00015 inches (0.004 mm) displacement measured at the work surface at all airflow volumes
• Balance stability to five decimal places on an analytical balance
• Leak-tested with a mass spectrometer while pressurized with helium at 1 inch of water gauge
The inlet and outlet HEPA filters are 99.99% efficient on 0.3 micron particulates. They also prevent contamination from entering or leaving the glove box chamber. These glove boxes are also designed to return filtered air to the laboratory. There is an optional FilterMate Portable Exhauster that may be installed via a ductwork downstream of the exhaust to adsorb low levels of organic fumes, formaldehyde, or ammonia gases. The glove boxes can also be thimble ducted and exhausted to the outside using a remote-mounted blower.
The built-in blower enables airflow from 13 CFM to 100CFM (22.1 m³/hr to 170 m³/hr). It pulls air through the inlet HEPA filter and discharges HEPA-filtered air back into the laboratory through the top of the box. The negative pressure operation ensures that all internally contaminated air passes through the exhaust HEPA filter before returning to the laboratory.
XPert Weigh boxes are made of a one-piece molded, medium-density polyethylene liner (shell). This provides a durable surface that is resistant to chemical corrosion, physical damage and the coved corners simplify cleaning. Located above the glove box shell is a dry-powder epoxy-coated steel superstructure for utility placement. This superstructure has superior corrosion resistance. Additionally, the glove box contains a laminated safety glass viewing window, 26.4"W x 12.5" H (671 mm x 318 mm) with a powder-coated steel frame and a neoprene gasket that provides a tight seal. The window is removable which allows for placement of large equipment inside the glove box. The XPert Weigh box also comes with space-saving acrylic inner and outer transfer chamber doors. These doors pivot upward to save space and are counterbalanced and equipped with quick latches.
An interior ceiling-mounted electrical receptacle with 5 amp maximum (115Volt models) or 2 amp maximum (230 Volt models) circuit load that provides power for instrument use within the glove box. The transfer chamber, with internal dimensions of 11" x 12" (279 mm x 305 mm), has an interlocking flat shelf of dry powder-coated epoxy steel to permit objects to stand upright. There is a large internal work area to allow for 13 cubic feet (0.4 m³) of interior space within the main chamber, 22 watt- fluorescent lamp, and control switches for the fluorescent light and innermost interior receptacle.