• Releases a controlled volume of water vapor into a glovebox, desiccator or other enclosure to achieve above-ambient humidity level
• Allows precise %RH humidity control when operated in tandem with Terra's Dual Purge™ System
• Low-volume steam output minimizes water condensation and energy costs
• Ideal for biocompatibility studies, material failure testing, and other humidity research
• Recommended for enclosures up to 60 cubic feet
The Humex 2 Humidifier provides inline humidification of nitrogen or other process gas being fed into a glove box or similar enclosure.
During operation, a 20W resistance heater inside the Humex 2 vaporizes incoming water fed into a stainless steel chamber. Process gas, which enters the Humex 2 through separate 0.25" (6 mm)-diameter flexible tubing, is humidified as it passes through this chamber on its way to a glove box or other enclosure.
The Humex 2 humidity sensor, installed inside the remote enclosure, monitors the relative humidity level. As soon as the %RH falls below a user-selected threshold, a relay inside the Humex activates both the heater and a solenoid that turns on the water flow. When the %RH set point is attained, the Humex turns off heater and water flow.
For optimal efficiency the Humex 2 can be operated with Terra’s Dual Purge Variable Purge Controller.
In this configuration, the Humex 2 issues a signal to the Dual Purge via a low-voltage cable to initiate high flow (bypassing the Dual Purge flowmeter) whenever the humidity falls below the set point. This high flow of process gas quickly humidifies the enclosure.
When the set point is attained, the Humex 2 deactivates the high flow (as well as the Humex humidification system). In this low-flow purge, the flow rate is restricted by the Dual Purge flowmeter.
* Flow should be externally regulated between 5 - 20 CFH
** User-furnished regulator or Dual Purge System required for gas pressure regulation