• Smart® gas-purge desiccator cabinet automates low-humidity control down to 0% RH
• Ideal for moisture-sensitive materials: microelectronics, medical devices, pharmaceutical powders
• Gas control system auto-adjusts nitrogen purge to maintain sub-ambient humidity set point
• Fast-acting and economical; maintains below 10% RH with 78% less nitrogen than manual flow meter
• Smart® nitrogen desiccator cabinet features automated RH control that toggles nitrogen inflow (binary on/off) for fast setpoint response. Minimizes moisture and oxygen related degradation to optimize yields.
• Mini LED display and built-in RH sensor simplifies installation. Operation requires only one gas line and one low voltage power connection.
• Cabinet Design:
• Innovative wall fusing technology on plastic designs creates a rigid, durable structure for improved weight capacity and resistance to high-frequency vibrations.
• Choose chamber material to match your application and budget:
Low cost acrylic.
ESD-safe and chemical resistant static-dissipative PVC (SD-PVC).
Heavy-duty 304-grade stainless steel for sterile and ESD-safe applications.
• Automatic relief/bleed (RB) valves continuously bleed off excess internal gas in only one direction. Helps maintain a slight positive pressure inside the desiccator cabinet without allowing contaminants inside.
• Built-in shelf rack provides high-capacity, organized storage (removable shelves sold separately).
• Door Design:
• Stainless steel door frame increases structural rigidity for a tighter seal and longer service life.
• Santoprene® “e”-shape non-outgassing rubber gasket firmly compresses to eliminate leaks. The one-piece resilient rubber gasket maintains its shape after compression and won't flatten, warp, crack, or degrade like ordinary foam gasket. Gasket is also mechanically attached to the door frame to avoid adhesive failure common with gasket tapes.
• Heavy-duty lift latches prevent metal-on-metal scraping common with rotary latches; chrome-plated included standard; upgrade to all-stainless steel (304 or 316) to minimize scratching, corrosion and contamination resulting over time that can occur with chrome-plated latches.
• Durable 304 stainless steel hinges eliminate corrosion, flaking, and contamination that commonly occur with ordinary chrome-plated hinges.
• Optional Accessories:
• Locking lift latches: specify one per chamber.
• Nitrogen generator: provides a continuous, reliable supply of pure, dry nitrogen to eliminate dependence on bulky canisters.
• ErgoHeight™ automatic height adjusting table: perfect for workstations holding heavy or fragile equipment that require frequent height adjustment.
• Sliding trays: choose trays to match your application and budget. Stainless steel trays are easy to clean and ESD-safe. Perforated designs help enhance gas distribution inside the cabinet while solid designs are suitable for small parts and containing spills. Low-cost acrylic trays offer greater visual transparency.
• Replacement door(s): helps avoid costly operation delays and exposure of sensitive stored material, should a door ever be damaged and require immediate replacement.