• Static-dissipative laminate bonded to a 1.25", high-density fiber core
• Safely dissipates static charges (10^7 ohms/sq.)
• Sealed under-top and clean materials compatible with ISO 5 (Class 100) cleanrooms
• Standard A base is height adjustable from 25" to 34"
• Laminate top composed of micro-thin layers of aluminum oxide integrated directly onto the surface, creating a hard protective layer resistant to abrasion
• Powder-coated steel frame
• Custom recessed C base available
• Nylon leveling feet resist a broad range of chemicals
• Optional accessories include vibration-dampening mounts and power strips
• Cleanroom workbench design tested by UL to meet compliance standards for durability, stability and safety standards from BIFMA (Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association) and ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials).
• Table design tested with 3,600lb for 3x safety factor (1,200lb capacity)
This work station is ideal for static-sensitive materials that can be degraded or destroyed by the charges generated by conventional benchtops.
It features a dissipative laminate top bonded to a 1.25" (32 mm) high-density, epoxy-bonded fiber core. Edges are covered with plastic, and backing is provided on the bottom of the work surface to meet ISO 5 cleanroom standards.
Static-Dissipative Plastic Laminate combines the chemical- and heat-resistive properties of plastic laminate with a controlled path to ground for dissipation of static charge without voltage suppression ambiguity. This laminate has a micro-thin layer of aluminum oxide (moho hardness of 9; diamond - 10) integrated directly into its surface, creating an extremely hard protective layer, which provides long-term resistance to surface abrasion. This material has also been specifically tested for particle trapping (see test results below.) Each sheet used in fabrication is individually certified to meet the values set forth below:
|Surface Resistivity per ASTM D-257:||107 Ω/sq||106-9 Ω/sq.|
|Resistance to Ground Ohms—NFPA 99:||107||106-9|
|Decay Rate per Fed Test 101C, Method 4046 (5,000 to 0 Volts):||.01 sec.||.5 sec|
|Particles/cu. ft. Air in 16 Sq. In. Area (microns)||Typical||Certified|
|Water Washed Sample||9||9|
|Ethyl Alcohol Washed Sample||10||15|
|Acetone Washed Sample||7||10|
|Freon TF Washed Sample||17||12|
|Silica Gel & Iron Oxide-Contaminated |
Surface Washed with Ethyl Alcohol:
These counts are very low. Under the same test conditions, a material which does shed particles would give off thousands of particles in the 10- and 5-micron range. This material is thus certified as cleanroom safe.
Non-Conductive Laminate shares many characteristics with static-dissipative laminate, except surface resistivity. In surface resistivity tests, this laminate material measured between 4.1 x 1011 and 7.4 x 1012 Ω/sq. It is generally resistive to most solvents as well as hot solder; however, mineral acids (such as hydrochloric, sulphuric, or nitric acid) should not be allowed to contact to laminate. This material is suitable for cleanroom use and will not outgas.
The dissipative laminate tops safely dissipate electrostatic charges to allow operations on static-sensitive devices—these benches meet MIL-B-81705-B specifications. They also resist a wide range of chemicals. Standard color is non-glare white.
Like our standard work stations, this station also features a heavy-duty bench frame made of all-welded square tubing. The heavy-wall tubing used in the construction allows the factory-mounted benchtop to support much heavier loads than conventional benches without sagging. The "A" base, adjustable from 25" to 34" (635 mm to 864 mm) floor-to-top feature a white epoxy enamel or powder-coat finish. Finished "A" bases are available with a 304 stainless steel lower leg member to provide this additional scuff protection. Include leveling feet to provide stability.
Other system options include easy-clean Modular Cleanroom Drawers and casework for efficient document and supply organization, with convenient access.
Many other models available: including static-dissipative and acid-resistant work surfaces, vibration-isolation systems, ErgoHeight™ and UltraClean™ work stations!