- Turnkey system combines HEPA-filtered fan unit, LED light and ion bar
- Easily installs into cleanroom, laminar flow hood or HEPA-filtered storage cabinet
• Turnkey system combines HEPA-filtered fan unit, LED light and ion bar
• Easily installs into cleanroom, laminar flow hood or HEPA-filtered storage cabinet
• Minimizes cleanroom service downtime with room-side-replaceable fan filter units
• Room-side-replaceable filter units feature a Gel-sealed filter and easy-open clips to allow fast filter replacement from below without breaching the cleanroom ceiling
• WhisperFlow baffling technology supports uniform air speed across the filter face, ensuring laminar airflow
• Three speed settings simplify air balancing
• Low-profile design allows cleanroom installation inside rooms with standard 9-foot ceilings
• Meets IEST Recommended Practices
• Models with all-stainless steel housing and filter frame meet strictest cleanroom requirements
• Speak with a Terra sales associate for recommendations on quantities to meet specified requirements
• Quiet, low-vibration design: only 49 dBA, measured 30" from filter face @ 90 FPM
• Provides an average airflow velocity of 90+ feet per minute and airflow of 640+ CFM under filter load at Medium speed setting
• Choose from cold rolled steel or all stainless steel housing
• Choose from room-side-replaceable or top-side-replaceable filter
• HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters are rated 99.99% efficient at removing particles ≥ 0.3 microns
• ULPA (Ultra-Low Penetration Air) filters are rated 99.999% efficient at removing particles ≥ 0.12 microns
• Provides years of no-maintenance, 24/7 operation (depending on air quality)
• Motor: 1/4 HP Direct drive, thermally protected with automatic overload reset
• Forward-curved centrifugal fans
• All FFU data is based on a standalone unit using 1” prefilter and clean filters
• Includes a MERV 7 pre-filter
• Data will vary depending on filter media and configurations with other products/systems, such as ductwork or hoods.
Most cleanroom professionals understand that FFUs capture contaminants that degrade particle-sensitive samples. But they also remove bacteria and many viruses and mold spores that contribute to a host of infections.
Most common bacteria are contained by the 0.3-micron pore size of high-efficiency particular air (HEPA) filters. Ultra-Low Penetration Air (ULPA) filters, which are rated 99.999% efficient at retaining particles of 0.12 microns and larger in diameter, capture ultra-fine contaminants, including many large viruses and mold spores.
These filters also remove aerosol-born pathogens—germs that hitch a ride on larger particles and liquid droplets that are captured in a HEPA or ULPA filter. HEPA- or ULPA-based Fan/Filter Units (FFUs) thus can play an important role in infection prevention in surgical theaters, ICUs and other medical settings.
Additionally, HEPA filters can help filter pollen, tiny insects, bacteria, mold, and other fungal spores that might be present during plant tissue culture or cannabis production. Contaminants such as these can find a way in via personnel or normal HVAC units and can blight crops and reduce yields. HEPA Filters help increase crop yields, pass inspection/meet regulations, and reduce contamination.
Here is a list of common human pathogens that HEPA/ULPA filters capture and remove from circulation: