• Unit of Measure: of 1
• 16-inch WhisperFlow™ fan filter unit fits in space-saving enclosures for a smaller footprint
• Internal baffling plates and anodized aluminum diffuser provide uniform air speed across the filter face, ensuring laminar airflow
• Three speed settings simplify air balancing
• Meets IEST Recommended Practices
• Quiet, low-vibration design: only 50 dBA, measured 30" from filter face @ 90 FPM
• Provides an average airflow velocity of 90+ feet per minute and airflow of 640+ CFM under filter load at Medium speed setting
• HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters are rated 99.99% efficient at removing particles ≥ 0.3 microns
• ULPA (Ultra-Low Penetration Air) filters are rated 99.999% efficient at removing particles ≥ 0.12 microns
• Provides years of no-maintenance, 24/7 operation (depending on air quality)
• Internal baffling plate and diffuser panel provide quiet uniform air flow across the filter face
• 1/4-20 UNC threaded inserts on corners to allow suspension by guy-wires
• MERV 7 pre-filter, 30% ASHRAE rated
• Low-profile design is ideal for cleanrooms with limited ceiling space
• Filters are leak tested in accordance with IEST standards and meet UL 900
• See performance data and submittal sheets for additional information
• Optional Accessories:
• Challenge port kit
• Power plug adapter
• Stainless surface mount frame for installing FFU in ceiling without T-grid
• 12” ducted inlet connection adapter
• Replacement filter
• Filter replacement alarm
• Eye bolt package
• Ionizing bar
• Pre-filter safety cover, for CE conformance
• Control panel with night mode switch and power distribution modules
• Unit of Measure: of 1
Most cleanroom professionals understand that FFUs capture contaminants that degrade particle-sensitive samples. But they also remove bacteria and many viruses and mold spores that contribute to a host of infections.
Most common bacteria are contained by the 0.3-micron pore size of high-efficiency particular air (HEPA) filters. Ultra-Low Penetration Air (ULPA) filters, which are rated 99.999% efficient at retaining particles of 0.12 microns and larger in diameter, capture ultra-fine contaminants, including many large viruses and mold spores.
These filters also remove aerosol-born pathogens—germs that hitch a ride on larger particles and liquid droplets that are captured in a HEPA or ULPA filter. HEPA- or ULPA-based Fan/Filter Units (FFUs) thus can play an important role in infection prevention in surgical theaters, ICUs and other medical settings.
Additionally, HEPA filters can help filter pollen, tiny insects, bacteria, mold, and other fungal spores that might be present during plant tissue culture or cannabis production. Contaminants such as these can find a way in via personnel or normal HVAC units and can blight crops and reduce yields. HEPA Filters help increase crop yields, pass inspection/meet regulations, and reduce contamination.
Here is a list of common human pathogens that HEPA/ULPA filters capture and remove from circulation: