• Gas-purged, general purpose desiccators with high-uniformity automatic RH control systems
• Full cabinet RH control
• Acrylic or static-dissipative PVC
• 3 chambers; benchtop
• Chambers: 16.5 & 22" W, 16 & 22" D, 11.5" H
• Cabinets: 17 & 24" W, 19 & 25" D, 36" H
• IsoDry Humidity Control system offers greater RH uniformity and significantly speeds up RH recovery times
• IsoDry Gas Dilution Module (patent-pending) rapidly dilutes the air in the cabinet with dry nitrogen gas
• IsoDry Dual Purge system features both high- and low-flow operation for efficient use of nitrogen
• IsoDry NitroWatch controller features programmable set-point control and monitors humidity in the cabinet via the included RH sensor
• High-flow nitrogen gas purging activates when RH rises above the programmed set-point or when a door opens
• A flowmeter installed in the Dual Purge system delivers a slow, continuous flow of nitrogen to supplement the high-flow operation
• Automatic Relief/Bleed valve releases moisture-laden air from the chamber, speeding up dilution and preventing over-pressurization
• LED display shows the current relative humidity level for the entire cabinet
• Reduces moisture-related degradation of semiconductors and electronic components
• Provides a dry storage environment for medical devices, pharmaceutical powders, and other contamination-sensitive materials
• Ergonomic, stainless steel LiftLatches do not scrape the chamber like ordinary rotary latches
• Mechanically attached, one-piece gasket does not creep or crack
• Includes stainless steel-framed doors, one automatic RB (Relief/Bleed) valve per chamber, stainless steel wire racks, and one stainless steel perforated shelf
The complete IsoDry control system includes a relative humidity sensor mounted inside the chamber and a Terra's IsoDry Dual Purge and NitroWatch systems, which work in tandem to ensure fast set point recovery times (see graph above).
The Dual Purge system provides a high-volume burst of nitrogen to attain the RH set point upon system set-up. Once this set point is attained, it uses an economical low-flow purge to maintain the set point, and then activates the high-flow purge the minute a door opens to recover set point with minimal nitrogen waste. The NitroWatch provides continuous monitor/display of both measured RH and set point levels.
Status alerts built into the IsoDry Dual Purge System warn if incoming nitrogen line pressure falls below operational rates (signaling an interruption in the gas supply) or if the system remains in high-flow purge for an excessive period (signaling a door left ajar). This integrated system also provides the low-voltage power required by the IsoDry and a variable speed control for the dilution fans.
For smaller cabinets, a flowmeter kit provides an economical alternative to the automated Dual Purge/NitroWatch controller. The flowmeter kit includes a plug-in power supply for the gas mixing fans, but does not include set-point capability or RH monitoring.
The standard NitroPlex™ system provides unsurpassed moisture control in dozens of storage applications. Temperature, gas or biological sensors expand the range of critical operations.
Which critical control application can you find in your facility?
|Power Requirement||24V: draws power from IsoDry Dual Purge System|
|Fans||120 CFM each|
|Display Resolution||± 0.1%RH|
|Sensor Accuracy||± 2% RH @ 20°C|
|Measuring Range||0 - 100% RH|
|Calibration||None required for standard accuracy range|
Desiccators must be continuously purged with nitrogen or another process gas in order to ensure a controlled environment free of contaminants and moisture.
Unfortunately, however, a steady gas inflow can't guarantee the clean, dry conditions you require. A flow adequate to maintain a safe internal positive pressure when doors are closed is insufficient to overcome the backflow of outside air that occurs when a door is opened. A higher-level purge that might guard against this backflow wastes nitrogen and leads to over-pressurization that warp doors and damage seals.
The Desiccator Dual Purge System solves these problems by providing a higher flow level only when it's needed, and only for as long as it's needed.
It relies on a sensor switch installed on each door. During normal operation, with all doors closed, the system maintains an economical low flow of nitrogen into the desiccator to ensure a constant positive pressure of about 0.05" WG (Water Gauge)—just enough to block out moisture and contaminants.
When a door is opened, the sensor switch immediately activates a high-flow purge of nitrogen into the desiccator's plenum chamber that minimizes the influx of moisture and contaminants.
When the door is closed, the high-level gas flow continues to purge the desiccator for a selectable period of time, ensuring that any moisture that does enter the chamber is quickly forced out of the Automatic RB® (Relief/Bleed) Valve, before it can degrade sensitive materials. This time delay is adjustable, so you can retain the high-flow for a longer time when you suspect moisture contamination may have occurred. Note: The Automatic RB® Valve must be ordered separately.
The dual-purge capabilities of these units ensure that contaminants and moisture stay outside the processing chamber and at the same time guard against dangerous over-pressurization that can lead to warped doors, failed seals—even explosions! And because the Dual Purge System delivers only as much gas as is necessary, it economizes on nitrogen consumption; tests show that in many applications, these units can pay for themselves in a matter of months.
The Dual Purge System incorporates a flowmeter, a line pressure gauge and a variable purge mechanism. A “Low-Pressure” alarm is activated if the incoming line pressure is ever interrupted. This dual audible/visible alarm alerts you to a disconnected supply line, an empty gas storage pod, or other problem that could spell disaster for contents of a desiccator or glove box!
The Dual Purge System operates in tandem with Terra's NitroWatch System to fully automate moisture control.
The NitroWatch includes a humidity sensor that continuously monitors the internal RH level and activates the Dual Purge to automatically maintain any sub-ambient humidity threshold you require (down to 0% RH). For more critical requirements, select the NitroPlex™, which combines this automatic humidity control with multiplexed purge capability. In all of these applications, the Automatic RB Valve is required to ensure safe relief of over-pressurization that can build inside a chamber.