• Economical, ISO-classified enclosed space for clean manufacturing under HEPA-filtered airflow
• Fast and easy to assemble/disassemble, fully free-standing
• All components are factory-assembled and tested before shipping
• Configure the ceiling grid with lights and fan/filters to meet ISO 5 - 8 particle requirements
• Interlocking 2.5" powder-coated steel frame with corner gussets for rigidity
• Powder-coated ceiling grid supports fan/filter units and LED light panels
• Softwall panels fabricated of heavy-duty, blur-free 40-mil static-dissipative vinyl for tear resistance
• Strip shields, made of 60-mil dissipative vinyl, come standard in 8" (203 mm) widths, with 2" (51 mm) overlap to form a convenient entryway
• Airflow exhausts through the gap along the bottom of the vinyl curtains (cannot hold pressure)
• Where two panels meet, the panels overlap by 2"
• Panel seams can be fastened closed using optional Dual-Lock, magnetic closures, or attachment clips (sold separately)
• Status Indicator Lights glow solid to indicate FFUs are operational; flash when FFUs are off
• 2' x 4' ceiling-mounted HEPA fan/filter units provide up to 805 CFM of micro-filtered air - 99.99% efficient @ 0.3 micron particles
• 2' x 4' LED light panels provide 4500 lumens of cool, energy-efficient illumination(optional strip lights mount to T-bar between fan/filter units)
• Polypropylene panels fill unused ceiling bays
• Standard control panel includes separate switches for FFUs and lights
• 7' standard height, measured from filter face to floor; suitable for installation under standard 9- ceilings (other heights available)
• Allow at least 11" of overhead clearance between the top of the FFUs and the ceiling for sufficient airflow
• Optional polyurethane shields are 12" (305 mm)-wide, 40 mil-thick
• Optional heavy-duty casters allow easy repositioning after installation
• Night Service mode operates FFUs at reduced speed for 25% reduction in energy usage
• All electrical components, including Fan Filter Units, are UL listed
• Marks & Listings: UL, ULC
Not Shown: Range of Options - Options include Night Service switch, casters, vacuum, DI water and gas utilities
Call or submit a QuickQuote Form for assistance with a modular cleanroom tailor-made to your application!
Because of their panel design, softwall cleanrooms cannot control pressure, humidity or temperature levels inside the enclosure, making them unsuitable for certain applications that require strict control. They are also more difficult to clean than other designs.
If pressure, humidity and/or temperature control or frequent cleaning and sterilization are required, Terra recommends selecting a hardwall modular cleanroom. For any questions regarding your application, please speak with a Terra representative.
This chart suggests FFU quantities to meet ISO requirements for common cleanroom sizes; call for more information, or use Terra’s QuickQuote form to convey your custom ISO 5/Class 100. A complete system includes one or more Power Distribution Modules, which provide power to ceiling lights and Fan/Filter Units.
For applications requiring UL-listed products, you must request a declaration of system listing under UL File E472687 at the time of order, which covers all high-voltage Modular Cleanroom electrical components integrated into Power Distribution System. UL listing helps meet municipal and other permitting requirements that may apply, while ensuring the safety and integrity of electrical components.
Terra cleanrooms are designed to meet a specified ISO cleanliness rating while in use: with operations in progress, process machinery humming, and personnel in motion. So why maintain that level of performance when a production shift ends and personnel leave for the day?
A cleanroom at rest maintains its target ISO cleanliness standard with much less airflow, fewer air changes—and decreased power consumption. Terra’s Night Service Switch activates a separate operation circuit that drops all Fan/Filter Units (FFUs) into low-energy operation mode, shaving 25% of energy costs from your power bill while maintaining uninterrupted cleanroom performance at your specified cleanliness level (see chart below). With Terra's Night Service Switch, operators can save up to 7,000 kilowatt-hours per year based on a cleanroom system utilizing 10 FFUs.
|Operation Setting||Airflow: cfm (m^3/hr)||Air Speed: ft/m (m/s)||Run Amps (Watts)|
|High Speed||808 (1373)||115 (.58)||4.3 (512)|
|Medium Speed||717 (1218)||102 (0.51)||3.5 (416)|
|Night Service||654 CFM (1111)||93 ft/min (0.47)||3.3A (393W)|
All softwall cleanrooms require some gap between the panel and the floor to allow air to escape. If this gap is too small to accommodate the flow of air generated by the ceiling filter fans, then panels and strips will billow outward. If it is too large, the cleanroom will not maintain adequate positive pressure.
Use formula to determine the gap: Gap in Feet = (Number of FFUs * 8 sq. ft. (0.74 m2) / Room Perimeter
Example: Take a clean room 16’ x 16’ x 7’ (4877 mm x 4877 mm x 2134 mm) high with 7 FFUs. The FFU surface area is 56 sq. ft. (5.2 m2), 7 FFUs * 8 sq. ft. (0.74 m2). The room perimeter is 64 feet (20 m) 16 ft.(4877 mm)* 4 (1219 mm). The gap is .875’ (27 mm). 56 sq. ft./64 ft. (5.2 m2/ 19.5 m), or about 10" (254 mm). Order panels or strip shields 6 ft. (1829 mm) long.
Modular designs take the hassle and expense out of custom configurations – just let us know your requirements!