• ValuLine™ cleanrooms create an economical controlled environment in nearly any office or production space in just a few days!
• Ideal for material testing, processing and packaging, as well as enclosing particle-sensitive equipment
• Standard sizes come as preconfigured, turnkey systems and require only the fan/filter quantity necessary to meet your ISO particle requirement
• All-steel powder-coated steel support frame and ceiling grid create a rigid, free-standing support structure; no external bracing necessary
• HEPA Fan Filter Units (FFUs) provide up to 808 CFM (at high speed)
• Pre-drilled, pre-kitted components for easy installation; just a few hours from crate to operation with two installers and standard tools!
• Includes 40 mil static-dissipative vinyl panels and 60 mil parting strip-shield entry (panels and strips must be cut to appropriate length, which depends on number of FFUs and whether casters are included)
• 2' x 4', ceiling-mount HEPA filters remove 99.99% of particles >/= 0.3 microns in diameter
• 2' x 4' ceiling-mount LED Light Panels provide 4500 lumens each
• Polypropylene panels included for unused ceiling bays
• All electrical components, including Fan/Filter Units, are UL listed
• Power Supply Unit includes On/Off power switch and cord that plugs into standard 20A wall circuit
• Specify optional casters for easy repositioning
• Softwall cleanrooms are not designed to maintain positive internal pressure; specify ValuLine Hardwall Cleanroom for critical cleanliness requirements, including most ISO 5 applications
• For sizes and layouts not listed here, see Terra's standard Softwall Cleanroom
Not Shown: Casters - Optional casters
Because of their panel design, softwall cleanrooms cannot control pressure, humidity or temperature levels inside the enclosure, making them unsuitable for certain applications that require strict control. They are also more difficult to clean than other designs.
If pressure, humidity and/or temperature control or frequent cleaning and sterilization are required, Terra recommends selecting a hardwall modular cleanroom. For any questions regarding your application, please speak with a Terra representative.
This chart suggests FFU quantities to meet ISO requirements for common cleanroom sizes; call for more information, or use Terra’s QuickQuote form to convey your custom ISO 5/Class 100. A complete system includes one or more Power Distribution Modules, which provide power to ceiling lights and Fan/Filter Units.
|Overall Width x Depth|
|Class 100||Class 1000||Class 10,000||Class 100,000|
|12 x 12|
(3658 x 3658)
|12 x 10|
(3658 x 3048)
|12 x 8|
(3658 x 2438)
|12 x 6|
(3658 x 1829)
|10 x 10|
(3048 x 3048)
|10 x 8|
(3048 x 2438)
|10 x 6|
(3048 x (1829)
|8 x 8|
(2438 x 2438)
|8 x 6|
(2438 x 1829)
|6 x 6|
(1829 x 1829)
For applications requiring UL-listed products, you must request a declaration of system listing under UL File E472687 at the time of order, which covers all high-voltage Modular Cleanroom electrical components integrated into Power Distribution System. UL listing helps meet municipal and other permitting requirements that may apply, while ensuring the safety and integrity of electrical components.
Terra cleanrooms are designed to meet a specified ISO cleanliness rating while in use: with operations in progress, process machinery humming, and personnel in motion. So why maintain that level of performance when a production shift ends and personnel leave for the day?
A cleanroom at rest maintains its target ISO cleanliness standard with much less airflow, fewer air changes—and decreased power consumption. Terra’s Night Service Switch activates a separate operation circuit that drops all Fan/Filter Units (FFUs) into low-energy operation mode, shaving 25% of energy costs from your power bill while maintaining uninterrupted cleanroom performance at your specified cleanliness level (see chart below). With Terra's Night Service Switch, operators can save up to 7,000 kilowatt-hours per year based on a cleanroom system utilizing 10 FFUs.
|Operation Setting||Airflow: cfm (m^3/hr)||Air Speed: ft/m (m/s)||Run Amps (Watts)|
|High Speed||808 (1373)||115 (.58)||4.3 (512)|
|Medium Speed||717 (1218)||102 (0.51)||3.5 (416)|
|Night Service||654 CFM (1111)||93 ft/min (0.47)||3.3A (393W)|
All softwall cleanrooms require some gap between the panel and the floor to allow air to escape. If this gap is too small to accommodate the flow of air generated by the ceiling filter fans, then panels and strips will billow outward. If it is too large, the cleanroom will not maintain adequate positive pressure.
Use formula to determine the gap: Gap in Feet = (Number of FFUs * 8 sq. ft. (0.74 m2) / Room Perimeter
Example: Take a clean room 16’ x 16’ x 7’ (4877 mm x 4877 mm x 2134 mm) high with 7 FFUs. The FFU surface area is 56 sq. ft. (5.2 m2), 7 FFUs * 8 sq. ft. (0.74 m2). The room perimeter is 64 feet (20 m) 16 ft.(4877 mm)* 4 (1219 mm). The gap is .875’ (27 mm). 56 sq. ft./64 ft. (5.2 m2/ 19.5 m), or about 10" (254 mm). Order panels or strip shields 6 ft. (1829 mm) long.
Modular designs take the hassle and expense out of custom configurations – just let us know your requirements!