Standard wall-mount pass-throughs such as CleanSeam™, BioSafe® and Terra’s plastic and intermittent-seam welded steel chambers can be installed and ready for operation in a few minutes once the wall cut-out is prepared. Refer to the Operating Manual for full installation details.
The process is straightforward, requiring the parts you receive from Terra, two people and the following additional supplies:
- Phillips screwdrivers
- Fastener hardware appropriate for wall material (drywall, masonry, etc.). The number of fasteners needed is determined by the chamber size
- Caulk (in case of gaps due to wall imperfections)
Follow these steps to install the Pass-Through Chamber:
- Prepare the wall cut-out so that it’s a half-inch (0.5") wider than the width and a half-inch (0.5") taller than the height of the pass-through chamber
- With a colleague, insert the pass-through chamber into the wall opening from the “clean” side. The welded mounting bracket will fit flush against the wall. Confirm that the chamber is level, then secure the unit to the wall through pre-drilled holes in the framing bracket
- From the “dirty” side, fit the pre-welded, pre-drilled mounting bracket around the chamber, and secure against the wall with bolts
- Add the Terra support bracket below the chamber for units that extend out from the wall by 24" or more. Caulk as needed. The installation is complete!
- Width = W (nominal) – 1.88"
- Depth = D (nominal)* – 0.12"
- Height = H (nominal) – 1.25"
- Wall Cut-Out = W (nominal) +0.5" x H (nominal) + 0.5"
- Subtract 0.5" for plastic chambers. Each door adds 0.5" to nominal depth.