- +1 (714) 578-6100
Mon - Fri, 5:30 AM - 5:30 PM, PST
Keeping your cleanroom free of dust and debris is essential to maintaining the integrity of the room and its function. Whether you use your cleanroom for research, manufacturing or engineering, removing dust without just moving it around the space is crucial. For that, you need a vacuum cleaner that’s made especially for the task. Today, we’ll discuss five vacuum cleaner systems for use in a cleanroom.
1. MicroVac™ Portable Cleanroom Vacuum Cleaner This easy-to-handle, portable, stainless-steel vacuum system is lightweight and has the advantage of being able to get at those hard-to-reach areas. This system comes with a myriad of attachments, designed for cleaning in those tight (but critical) corners that larger vacuum systems can’t reach. The MicroVac’s four-stage filtering system makes sure that all of the dust and other contaminants are removed before the air is returned to the room. This vacuum is small in size and may not be well-suited for larger cleanrooms, but for small spaces, it is ideal.
2. HEPA-Filter Vacuum Cleaner For an affordable cleanroom vacuum that’s adaptable to most jobs, this HEPA-filter vacuum is difficult to beat. The filter removes virtually all dust and particles (99.99%) and the unit can be strapped to the clean-up crew member’s back to make carrying it around easier. It also has a four-gallon dust collection bag that holds as much as units twice this cleaner’s size. This is also one of the quieter cleanroom vacuums on the market. Additional attachments may be required to be able to clean small and difficult-to-reach areas.
3. Minuteman® Mini Vacuum The Minuteman Mini Vacuum is a sturdy, all-purpose cleanroom vacuum at an affordable price. Shaped like a standard “shop-vac” on wheels, this cleaner is equipped with a three-stage filter system that eliminates 99.99% of dust particles. You can also add an optional cloth filter to convert the Minuteman into a four-stage filter system. The solid case is designed to hold and contain even hazardous materials without risk of contamination. This cleaner also comes with a 10-year warranty on the dent-proof polyethylene tank. There aren’t many cons to this vacuum. However, if you have a small room such as a research lab with many tight spaces, the tank could be bulky and cumbersome to maneuver.
4. Economy Cleanroom Wet/Dry Vacuum If you’re looking for the Cadillac of cleanroom vacuums, this is it. This system was designed especially for use in cleanrooms and includes all of the bells and whistles. Unlike the systems outlined above, this vacuum is designed to clean up both dry and wet debris. The vacuum uses a unique, four-stage suction-powered filtration system and no filter to change; a big plus! It also adapts seamlessly from dry to wet vacuuming.
The system is rated to pick up 99.99% of all particles. By adding an optional ULPA filter, you can increase that efficiency to 99.999%. As you would expect for the price, this vacuum system comes equipped with all sorts of attachments to make it easy to access even the most difficult to reach places.
5. Explosion-Proof Wet and Dry Vacuum The Nilfisk 118 EXP and 118 EXPW vacuum cleaners can eliminate combustible materials and liquids with a cleanroom or facility. Unlike mops and brooms, the 118 series industrial vacuums safely collect and keep combustible dust within an easily removable collection chamber. Both models feature a grounding wire and a grounding clip on the filters in order to prevent potentially dangerous static build up. Optional HEPA and ULPA filters are available in order to prevent combustible dust and particles from the motor from being exhausted back into the ambient air. An optional bypass motor is cooled by air from around the motorhead and will not overheat if the hose or filter is blocked.
If you’re looking for a cleanroom vacuum, let us help you weigh the pros and cons of each model and find the product that best suits your company and your situation. To learn more, call us at 714-578-6100 or click the button below to browse our vacuum cleaner options.
Terra Universal is the leading expert in the design and fabrication of ISO rated cleanrooms, furnishing and supplies.
Call (714) 459-0731